This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. It’s one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken out there.
This weekend, I was flipping through my recipe pile and came across this recipe. I was looking for something new to use boneless, skinless chicken breast (a staple in our house) for. I really liked the combination of the garlic, fresh ginger (which I LOVE) and soy sauce. Plus, it utilized the slow cooker — even better! I must be on a crock pot kick this week…this is the second recipe I’ve made using this trusted appliance! It’s just easy and convenient. So, why not?!?!
This recipe is very easy and very good! I mixed the ingredients to the sauce together earlier in the week and stored them in the fridge. Then when I was ready to make the dish, I just added it to the slow cooker. I love dished that I can pre-assemble a few days in advance!
I served the chicken and the sweet Asian inspired sauce over brown rice with a side of broccoli. I will definitely be making this again. And again. And again!
If you end up trying this recipe (which I highly recommend you do!) post your results here! I would love to hear how you made out!
This recipe would make a perfect freeze-ahead slow cooker meal! Just put all of the ingredients together in a zip top bag and stash it in the freezer. Then, when you’re ready to make it, simply thaw the package overnight in the fridge, put it in your slow cooker and cook according to the directions.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root - minced
- 4 boneless - skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits - drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker.
- Add chicken and reserved pineapple juice.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on high.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce in the slow cooker to thicken.
- Serve sauce over the chicken.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.