Easy Mexican Rice
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time32 mins
Total Time37 mins
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 small bell pepper - diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15 oz can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn kernels - drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with the juice and zest of one lime
In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt butter
Add onions and peppers cook until tender and translucent
Stir in garlic and continue to cook for about a minute or until fragrant
Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
Add in diced tomatoes and chilies, black beans, corn, cumin, salt and pepper to the rice mixture.
Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low, cook for 15 to 20 minutes
Fluff with fork and stir lime zest and juice
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.