Sweet and Spicy Baked Beans
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
- 3 15 ounce cans Great Northern beans - drained
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
Drain bacon on paper towels; reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
Chop bacon and add to a large bowl.
Add onion, ketchup, beer, molasses, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl and whisk until combined.
Stir in chipotle chilies and add drained beans.
Transfer beans to a 9x13 baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 60 minutes until sauce thickens.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.