Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time21 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless - skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup barbecue sauce - divided
Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend.
Place chicken in Instant Pot.
Pour 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce into the Instant Pot.
Cook on manual setting/high pressure for 13 minutes.
Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release the remaining pressure.
Remove chicken from Instant Pot and drain any liquid.
Set Instant Pot to saute setting.
Add cooked chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce.
Saute for 2-3 minutes until sauce is sticky.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- You can use chicken breasts or thighs, whichever you prefer.
- You can use bottled barbeque sauce or homemade sauce, sweet or spicy.
- Double the batch for a quick dinner fix on a busy night.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.