This Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken is the easiest barbecue recipe!
Easy dinners just make life more simple. Instant pot barbeque chicken is definitely one of them! The chicken cooks down easy and quick in the pressure cooker, coming out juicy, delicious and smothered in a savory barbecue sauce!
Instant pot chicken breast recipes are by far some of the easiest meals ever. Fresh or frozen pressure cooker chicken breast always comes out tender and juicy!
I am totally game for chicken straight off the grill but this pressure cooker barbeque chicken breast is one of the best barbeque chicken recipes ever! You can get more of my instant pot recipes for beginners here. So if you want crowd pleasing, simple, and oh so flavorful this inst pot bbq chicken is it!
Instant Pot Recipes Chicken
This deliciously easy instant pot barbeque chicken recipe uses chicken thighs coated in a house blend seasoning and cooked in an Instant Pot in a savory barbeque sauce. Only 3 ingredients to make the best barbeque chicken recipe and the style of barbeque sauce is totally up to you.
This chicken recipe is absolutely wonderful and perfect for any night of the week. You just can’t go wrong with instant pot barbeque chicken. It is hands down a family favorite and there won’t be one piece left! I can not tell you enough just how many times I have heard this is the best barbeque chicken recipe ever, and you don’t have to be a barbeque master to make it.
Using the pressure cooker gets the recipe done in no time and using the Stack and Cook Insert allows you to cook for a crowd. So no matter the family size this recipe fits great.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
Making instant pot chicken breast recipes is so super easy! Without a doubt this instant pot barbeque chicken recipe is certainly my favorite. I love how easy it is and there is no skimping on the flavor.
Cooking in the Instant Pot is beyond simple because there is no babysitting, no heating up the kitchen, and the pressure cooker chicken breast always comes out tender. If you are hesitant on cooking in the pressure cooker try my instant pot recipe beginners that include some amazingly easy dishes.
How to Make Pressure Cooker Barbeque Chicken
Begin by seasoning the chicken on both sides with the house blend seasoning. Season them really well as this adds to that amazing flavor. Then place the chicken into the Instant Pot. Pour 1/2 cup of the barbeque sauce on top. We like a sweeter version of sauce but you could definitely use a sauce that is spicy too.
The chicken is cooked for a short period of time and then switched over to saute in the instant pot with a little more barbeque sauce. This adds even more flair and makes the instant pot barbeque chicken nice and sticky! True barbeque style!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe
This instant pot barbecue chicken recipe uses a unique blend of house seasonings that give the chicken a kick. The chicken is then slathered in your favorite babeque sauce and cooked in the Instant Pot. So easy!
The flavors of the house rub and barbeque sauce make the chicken breast seasoned to perfection and sticky. You get all the flavors of a backyard barbeque during the week without all the work.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
The chicken is beyond simple to make, here are some tips that make sure that come out irresistible.
- You can use chicken breasts or thighs, whichever you prefer.
- You can use bottled barbeque sauce or homemade sauce, sweet or spicy.
- Double the batch for a quick dinner fix on a busy night.
Looking for More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Melts
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken with Honey
- Instant Pot Peri Peri Chicken
- Instant Pot Sticky Chicken
Looking for more? Check out all of the Instant Pot Recipes Beginners on It Is a Keeper.
Recommended Tools for Making Instant Pot Barbeque Chicken
- Instant Pot <= This one is my favorite!
- Stack and Cook Insert
- Steam Release Attachment <= Protect your cabinets!
- Extra Sealing Rings
- Ultimate Instant Pot Cook Book
Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
- 1 pound boneless - skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup barbecue sauce - divided
- Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot.
- Pour 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce into the Instant Pot.
- Cook on manual setting/high pressure for 13 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and drain any liquid.
- Set Instant Pot to saute setting.
- Add cooked chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until sauce is sticky.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.