Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is a delicious side dish. It is enticing to look at and fabulous to eat. It is a must have for your next dinner, especially if you are short on time.
This Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is a quick and easy side dish that is beautiful and special enough for all your holiday meals and easy enough to make for every day dinners.
Why Mashed Potato Casserole Works
A mashed potato casserole is one of those dishes that your family or guests will ohh and ahh over when you place it on the table. It is definitely a decadent, delicious and oh so easy to make.
How to Make this Loaded Potato Casserole Recipe – Step by Step
- Preheat Oven: First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Ingredients: Next, in a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese and house seasoning.
- Place into a dish: Then pour potatoes into a 13×9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add Butter: Next, evenly place cubes of butter on top of potatoes.
- Cheese it : Next, spread cheeses evenly on top. Then sprinkle green onions and bacon on top of cheese.
- Bake: Finally, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
LOVE SIDE DISH RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Side Dish Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Recommendations for Making this Cheesy Potato Casserole
You can make this Cheesy Potato Casserole in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Therefore, you can make this casserole ahead of time and bake it the day you need it following the directions in the recipe. Clearly, it is a perfect make ahead for your party.
Tips for Making Loaded Potato Casserole
If you have leftover potatoes and do not need to use instant, here are a few keys to making a loaded potato casserole perfectly.
- Use a starchy potato, like Yukon gold or russets.
- Try a ricer to mash your potatoes, it keeps them fluffy, less lumpy and not as over worked.
- Use warm milk and butter. It absorbs better and wont cool down the potatoes.
Want more tricks for great mashed potatoes, check this out.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Expert Tips for Making the Best Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- More Bacon: It is always better with bacon!
- Frozen Shredded Hash browns: For a different texture, try using thawed frozen hashbrowns.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 12 servings of Idahoan instant mashed potatoes - prepared
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz . cream cheese - softened
- 1 1/2 tsp house seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 green onions - (whites and greens) chopped
- 3 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup stick butter - cubed, 1/4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese and house seasoning.
- Pour potatoes into a 13×9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly place cubes of butter on top of potatoes.
- Spread cheeses evenly on top. Sprinkle green onions and bacon on top of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.