If you love super easy recipes, then you will love this Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole! It takes plain mashed potatoes over the top.
I’ve partnered with Idahoan on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.
This Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole recipe has it all. It’s creamy. It’s rich. It’s decadent. It’s loaded with bacon. It needs to be on my plate now!
This is one of those recipes that seems like it should be reserved for Sunday supper. But, lo and behold, it’s easy enough for busy weeknights. The secret weapon for this recipe is instant mashed potatoes. There’s no peeling. No boiling. No mashing.
You can prep the entire thing ahead of time (or the night before) and stash it in the fridge until you’re ready. Then, about 30 minutes before dinner, just pop the casserole in the oven.
My family could not get enough of this. I think my husband even had thirds. And, no one believed that I used instant mashed potatoes.
Instant mashed potatoes are a great culinary secret weapon. I use them in my American Pierogi recipe – it’s one of those times where instant mashed potatoes actually work better than real ones. You can also use them to thicken soups and stews. They’re really a pantry must-have.
I used Idahoan Signature Russet Mashed Potatoes for this recipe.
They are made from real potatoes grown in Idaho. More than six pounds of premium Idahoan russet potatoes go into every 16 oz. pouch.
These mashed potatoes have a nice smooth taste like original homemade mashed potatoes with just a hint of butter and cream. They taste as good as if you peeled, boiled, and mashed them yourself. But you didn’t. It can be our little secret. I’ll never tell.
Oh, and you might want to write this super easy recipe down (or print it out below) because you WILL be asked for it. That’s a given!
Tools Used for This Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best side dish recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 12 servings of Idahoan instant mashed potatoes - prepared
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz . cream cheese - softened
- 1 1/2 tsp house seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 green onions - (whites and greens) chopped
- 3 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup stick butter - cubed, 1/4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese and house seasoning.
- Pour potatoes into a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly place cubes of butter on top of potatoes.
- Spread cheeses evenly on top. Sprinkle green onions and bacon on top of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.