This Mexican Burger is a flavorful fiesta in your mouth! These bold and daring creations are not your average burgers; they are a celebration of Mexican cuisine but reimagine it in a handheld delight.
Our Mexican Hamburger recipe is the perfect solution for those busy nights when you want something flavorful and satisfying on the table fast. Combining the best of both worlds, these tantalizing creations infuse traditional Mexican flavors into classic burger patties resulting in an explosion of deliciousness.
Why We Love Mexican Hamburger Recipes
Let us share our passion for Mexican hamburger recipes and why this one stands out among the rest. From speedy meal preparation to its family-friendly appeal, every bite is bold with melty cheese and a scrumptious dollop of guacamole.
- 15 Minute Meal: In just 15 minutes, you can have a mouthwatering burger that will satisfy your Mexican food cravings. Make on the grill for summer grilling or make on the stove top in a grill pan.
- Easy Ingredients: Our recipe keeps it simple with basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Family Friendly: These burgers are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. The combination of savory beef and creamy avocado is a hit with all ages. Wrap in a tortilla.
- Taco Seasoning: A seasoning blend with garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper.
Ingredient Notes for the Best Mexican Burger Recipe
- Ground Beef: We recommend using lean mince ground beef for a healthier option. If you prefer, you can use ground turkey or chicken as a substitution.
- Onion: Vidalia onions add a mild, sweet flavor to the burgers. However, any onion variety will work in a pinch.
- Avocado: Ripe avocados provide a creamy and nutritious topping for your burgers. If you can’t find ripe avocados, you can also use guacamole.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for this Mexican Cheeseburger
Get ready to unleash your creativity in the kitchen! We’ll explore exciting variations and delicious twists on the classic Mexican hamburger recipe.
- Cheese: While this recipe doesn’t include cheese, you can easily add your favorite cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Cheddar, for a melty and indulgent twist. Use a dairy-free cheese if you have issues with dairy.
- Cooking variation: Don’t limit yourself to stovetop cooking. These burgers can also be grilled, air-fried, or baked, depending on your preference and available equipment.
- Mixing: To avoid a tough burger do not overwork the mixture.
How to Make Mexican Burgers
These are the basic steps for making Mexican Burgers. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions and nutritional information provided. Pin for later use!
Step 1: Cook Peppers and Onions
First, begin by slicing your onion and peppers into thin pieces. Then place a skillet over medium heat and then heat some oil. Next add in the sliced peppers and onions and sauté until they are soften and tender.
Step 2: Prepare Burger Ingredients
Meanwhile, place the ground meat and seasonings into a mixing bowl. Then use your hands to knead the spices into the beef, then create four hamburger patties.
Step 3: Cook Beef Burger
Once the peppers and onions are done, remove them from the pan and then add the burgers. Cook over medium heat until they reach the desired level of doneness. It should take at least 5 minutes per side.
Step 4: Make Avocado Mixture
Then in a small mixing bowl, add the salsa and chopped avocado. Mash the salsa and avocado together.
Step 5: Assemble Burger
Finally, place the burger onto a bun and spread some of the salsa mixture on it. Then top with the caramelized peppers and onions. Also, add a slice of cheese if desired, use a Mexican blend for more bold flavor.
Recipe FAQs for a Good Burger
Expert Tips for Making Mexican Hamburger Recipes
Elevate your culinary game with these insider tips that will help you craft the most delicious Mexican flavored burger ever. From adding a fiery kick to shortcuts, these expert recommendations will take your burger game to the next level.
- Add Heat: For those who love a spicy kick, drizzle your favorite hot sauce over your burger to add some heat.
- More Meat: Take your burger game up a notch by adding bacon, chorizo, or another spicy sausage for extra flavor and indulgence.
- Short cut tip: If you’re short on time, grab pre-sliced veggies at the grocery store to save on prep work.
What to Serve with Mexican Burger
- 1 Vidalia Onion, Large
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 Avocado, large
- 1 tablespoon Salsa Verde
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Thinly slice peppers and onions. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions to the oil and sauté stirring frequently over med heat until soft and caramelized.
- While the peppers and onions are cooking mix meat and spices in a medium size bowl kneading to mix well. Separate the meat mixture into 4 burgers and set aside.
- When the peppers and onions are cooked remove from pan. Place the pan back on medium heat (don’t wipe the pan) and place the burgers in the pan. Seer over medium high heat and cook until desired level of doneness (about 5-6 minutes per side over medium heat to cook to med/well)
- While the burgers are cooking place the salsa verde in a medium size bowl peel and chop the avocado and add it to the salsa. Mash and mix it until well blended.
- Serve the burgers topped with the avocado mixture and any other desired toppings!
- Add Heat: Use your favorite hot sauce to up the spice factor.
- Short cut tip: Buy pre sliced veggies in the grocery store.
- Cheese: Monterey Jack, Cheddar or any of your favorite cheeses.
- More Meat: Up the wow factor with bacon or chorizo or other spicy sausage.
- Alternate cooking method tip: These burgers can be grilled, baked or air fried.
- Sliders: Great for a party. Make mini mexican burger to impress your guests.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic-inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients, and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible to the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.