This Easy Broccoli Casserole recipe is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!
This is my family’s favorite Easy Broccoli Casserole recipe. I know many families have their own broccoli cheese casserole recipe. It’s easy to make and my mom has been making it for years. It’s definitely one of our best Thanksgiving recipes ever. (It can even be made in the microwave) This will definitely become a favorite vegetable dish of your family and friends as is easy and the ingredients are easy to find.
My mother makes this incredible Velveeta broccoli casserole (not for someone on a low calorie diet, you don’t even want to see the daily values or nutrition information!!) This large pot of goodness gets devoured every time she makes it. It’s the perfect comfort food. Who doesn’t love Velveeta or any Velveeta casserole??
I love that it’s simple to make. The instructions are so simple, it can even be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
The best part about it is delicious. This easy broccoli casserole recipe starts with frozen broccoli (I prefer the small florets). Pour the broccoli in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper then you add your Velveeta cheese sauce and butter. Top it with Ritz crackers. Ham and cheddar cheese would also be nice additions. It sounds so simple but tastes so good! The broccoli cheese mixture really works, you could even try fresh broccoli instead of the frozen broccoli florets. Stand back and be ready for compliments! They will be coming.
Take my advice…make a double batch! There are never any leftovers!
Tips for Making this Easy Turkey Stuffing Recipe
- Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the bread.
- Cut up the bread at least one day before you make the stuffing and lay it out in a single layer (uncovered) on rimmed baking sheets. This will help the bread get nice and stale – which is what you want.
- If you don’t have time to let the bread sit out, you could always toast it in the oven. I explain how in the recipe.
- You can saute the veggies a day or two before you make the stuffing. When you’re ready to put it all together, simply reheat the veggies and add them to the stale bread.
More Easy Broccoli Casserole Recipes
Items You Need to Make This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Easy Broccoli Casserole
- 2 10 oz packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- Drain liquid from the broccoli and transfer to a 9×9 inch casserole dish.
- Cut 4 tablespoons of butter in cubes.
- Dot broccoli with cubed butter and cheese.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Mix crushed crackers with melted butter and cover broccoli mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.