This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite healthy easy dinner recipes. It’s easy to make and very flavorful.
If you’ve been reading for a while, you know that I am an incurable recipe collector.
I have piles of recipes that I’ve clipped from magazines, printed from websites, written on scraps of paper, and, in this case, cut out of a calendar!
It was actually the same calendar that I got my Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from! Two great recipes from one calendar. Not bad for a free calendar!
This dish is absolutely ah-may-zing! Since it’s such a simple recipe, it’s important to use good, quality ingredients.
It’s perfect in the summer when the veggies are fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market!).
I like using Roma tomatoes in this recipe — they seem to be more flavorful. And, you have to use fresh herbs. It really makes a big difference.
For the parmesan cheese, I fresh grated my own over the top. Mmmmm!
Not only does this dish taste great, but it looks colorful too! And, it’s a great quick easy vegetarian recipe. Don’tcha think so?
What’s your take on asparagus? Love it or hate it? Leave me a comment below!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
(Disclaimer: these are affiliate links)
Healthy Easy Dinner Recipes: Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and melt butter in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place asparagus in bottom of dish with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with onion and celery.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with basil, thyme, pepper and cheese.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.
FREE 10 Must Have Easy Recipes eBook!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks