Tuscan Roasted AsparagusMay 11, 2014
This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Asparagus is one of my favorite healthy easy dinner recipes. It’s easy to make and very flavorful.
If you’ve been reading for a while, you know that I am an incurable recipe collector.
I have piles of recipes that I’ve clipped from magazines, printed from websites, written on scraps of paper, and, in this case, cut out of a calendar!
It was actually the same calendar that I got my Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from! Two great recipes from one calendar. Not bad for a free calendar!
This dish is absolutely ah-may-zing! Since it’s such a simple recipe, it’s important to use good, quality ingredients.
It’s perfect in the summer when the veggies are fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market!).
I like using Roma tomatoes in this recipe — they seem to be more flavorful. And, you have to use fresh herbs. It really makes a big difference.
For the parmesan cheese, I fresh grated my own over the top. Mmmmm!
Not only does this dish taste great, but it looks colorful too! And, it’s a great quick easy vegetarian recipe. Don’tcha think so?
What’s your take on asparagus? Love it or hate it? Leave me a comment below!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
(Disclaimer: these are affiliate links)
Healthy Easy Dinner Recipes: Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
Compliments of It’s a Keeper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and melt butter in a 13×9 baking dish.
- Place asparagus in bottom of dish with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with onion and celery.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with basil, thyme, pepper and cheese.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: