Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto are the ultimate side dish you’ve been searching for. Get ready to indulge in a mouthwatering treat that’s easy to make, even on your busiest nights.
About Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto is a delectable combination of crunchy green goodness and salty, savory prosciutto. This recipe takes your average brussel sprouts to a whole new level, transforming them into a delectable side dish or even a main course that will leave you craving for more.
Why This Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe is a Keeper
This crispy brussel sprouts recipe has stolen our hearts for good reasons. This delectable side dish combines ease of preparation, speed, and unbeatable flavor to become a family favorite. The recipe is quick and easy to make for Christmas dinner and is a real crowd pleaser.
- 30 Minute Meal: In just half an hour, you can have this mouthwatering side dish on your dinner table.
- Easy Ingredients: You won’t need to make a special trip to the store for this one. Made with only six simple ingredients; you likely have everything you need on hand.
- Family Friendly: The crispy sprouts and savory prosciutto are a winning combination that will have even the pickiest eaters coming back for seconds.
Should I flip the brussel sprouts when cooking?
The answer is simple – yes, but only once. These sprouts need time to sit in the oven to achieve that golden brown crispiness. Flipping them halfway through ensures that all sides get perfectly crispy.
Ingredient Notes to Make Brussels Sprouts Side Dish
- Brussels Sprouts: These little green gems are not only delicious but brussel sprouts are also packed with nutrients and get crispy.
- Prosciutto: This Italian cured ham adds a salty and savory kick to the dish, elevating the flavor profile.
- White Wine Vinegar: A splash of white wine vinegar gives the brussel sprouts a delightful tangy flavor that perfectly balances the richness of the prosciutto and adds extra flavor and cuts some of the salty taste.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto that will Make you Love this Recipe
While these crispy brussel sprouts with prosciutto are already a crowd-pleaser, there’s always room for a little culinary experimentation for making this recipe.
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: Swap prosciutto for bacon instead if you prefer a smokier flavor that’s just as good. The bacon grease adds even more flavor to this easy and delicious recipe.
- Different Vinegar: Experiment with various types of vinegar for unique flavor profiles, like balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Air Fryer: For a quicker and even crispier version, try making this easy side dish recipe in your air fryer.
- Crispy Prosciutto: Remove the prosciutto and replace with Pancetta.
Making this Recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
These are the basic steps for making Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions and nutritional data.
STEP 1: Prepare Brussels Sprouts
First, begin by placing your oven rack to the upper third of the oven. Remove the outer leaves, trim the stem and cut them in half. Then preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. and get a large baking sheet handy.
STEP 2: Season and add the Brussels Sprouts
Add brussels sprouts, diced prosciutto, garlic, olive oil, and all purpose seasoning blend in the baking dish, toss to combine. Arrange the brussels sprouts so they are in a single layer, even layer, cut side down on a parchment paper lined sheet.
STEP 3: Transfer to the Oven
Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through until the sprouts are perfectly lightly browned, caramelized and tender. The sprouts should be fork tender.
STEP 4: Stir and Add Vinegar to the Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Remove the pan from the oven, give the sprouts a good stir, and toss in the white wine vinegar. Place in a nice serving dish.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions for Brussels Sprouts and Prosciutto
Recipe Tips for Making This Easy Holiday Side Dish
Elevate this easy brussel sprout recipe to restaurant-quality with these expert tips. These simple yet effective suggestions will ensure your dish turns out perfectly every time. They are a 5-star perfect side.
- Add the Lemon: For an extra zing, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the finished dish or add a pinch of lemon zest.
- Sprinkle Cheese: Elevate your dish by sprinkling some grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese on top it cuts some of the sweetness that comes from the vegetables. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Crispy Onions: For added texture and flavor, top your brussel sprouts with crispy fried onions or shallots to the crispy brussels sprouts with prosciutto.
- Squash: You will love this recipe with some winter butternut squash and adds a nice contrast. It is great to serve with this recipe.
- Reheat the Sprout and Salty Prosciutto Recipe: To keep crispy reheat in the oven or in a skillet on the stove top.
- Nuts: Pine nuts, pecans or walnuts add a nice crunch.
- Use Parchment Paper on the Sheet Pan: This will make sure nothing stick to the pan.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Prosciutto
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 ounces Prosciutto, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar
- Place oven rack to upper 1/3 of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add Brussels sprouts, prosciutto, garlic, oil and House Seasoning Blend to a 13×9 baking dish.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts into a single layer.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until sprouts are lightly browned and tender.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in vinegar. Toss so all sprouts are coated in vinegar.
- Season: Do not forget to season. This House Season Blend is perfect for the sprout.
- Trick: Only turn them once. They need to sit to get that golden brown crispiness.
- Remember: Don’t forget the vinegar. It helps balance and unite the flavor.
- Add Lemon: Fresh Lemon Juice or lemon zest really brighten and cuts some of the saltiness in the dish. Add crunch with some fresh shallots or with crushed pecans.
- Sprinkle Cheese: Add a little cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
- Mix up the Vinegar: Try a Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Top with Crispy Onions: Finish with a few fried crispy onions in the serving bowl.
- Alternate cooking method tip: Air Fryer your sprouts, cook for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.