These Fish Tacos are a super easy supper. Top them with this incredible Mango Salsa Recipe and you’ve got flavor overload! I received free products from Gorton for this post. The opinions expressed here are my own.
I am completely obsessed with fish tacos. I cannot get enough of them.
I’ve said before that I’m not much of a fish eater. So it was a little odd that I ordered fish tacos one night at a local restaurant. My husband even said, “Really? Fish tacos?”
One bite and I was hooked. Did ya like that pun?!
So what’s a food blogger to do when she realizes that she’s got a food obsession? Find as many ways as possible to make such recipe. And, that’s just what I did.
I used a package of Gorton’s Artisan Southwest Tortilla fish filets for this recipe. They are crusted with crushed tortilla strips and are flavored with tex-mex spices and a hint of chili. The perfect match for sweet mango salsa.
These Gorton’s Artisan fish filets are incredible. The fish is perfectly flaky and the seasoning is spot on. Plus, they are seriously crunchy. These are a new favorite in our house.
They come in several great flavors, such as:
- Roasted Garlic & Italian Herb
- Lemon & Cracked Peppercorn
- Southwest Tortilla
- Southern Style varieties
Make sure you go to gortons.com to download a coupon, find recipes and enter the Real Solutions Sweepstakes between March 3 and April 21. And, if you’re looking for even more inspiration, connect with Gorton’s on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Now, let’s chat about the mango salsa recipe. The glorious mango salsa.
It’s sweet with a little tang and a hint of heat. The soft texture of the mango is a nice contrast to the crunchy fish. In short, it’s pure mango perfection!
I’d highly recommend you pin this recipe. Or better yet, go get the ingredients and make some! You’ll thank me!
And, if you think you’ll like these, you’ll LOVE my Shrimp Tacos with Boom Boom Sauce!
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
Compliments of It’s a Keeper
- 1 (10 ounce) package Gorton’s Artisan Southwest Tortilla fish filets
- 8 soft flour taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (or prepackaged coleslaw mix)
- Mango Salsa (recipe below)
- Prepare fish according to package directions
- Place about 1/8 cup shredded cabbage in taco shell
- Place 1 fish filet on top of the cabbage (you may need to cut it to make it fit)
- Spoon mango salsa on top of fish
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: