This restaurant style Queso Dip is an easy recipe that’s creamy and delicious!
One of my favorite things about Mexican restaurants is the chips. There is just something about the instant gratification that comes with a basket full of still-warm homemade tortilla chips. Heaven.
And, while I love the homemade salsa that usually accompanies them, I seem to always splurge on a side of queso dip.
I *heart* queso dip. Like BIG, puffy hearts.
What’s not to love? Essentially, it’s a big bowl of melty, ooey, gooey cheese lightly flavored with chilis.
I’m telling you, it’s divine.
And, it’s super easy to make this luscious queso dip at home. All you need are a few easy ingredients that you an find in any supermarket.
And, viola! Queso dip!
You use it as a dip for chips or veggies. Or you can add it to your favorite Mexical recipes like burritos, enchiladas or tacos.
Or, you can step a bit outside of the box and put it on burgers, fries or big bowl of broccoli. Just sayin’. It’s not like I’ve done it or anything.
Easy Queso Dip Recipe
Easy Queso Dip
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 lb white american cheese - chopped
- 1/2 lb fontina cheese - chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilis
- 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- Cilantro and green chilis for garnish
- In a skillet or medium sauce pan, heat half and half over medium-high heat until you see bubbles around the edges (but not boiling).
- Stir in half of the American cheese and half of the fontina cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in remaining cheese until all cheese is melted.
- Add chilis and taco seasoning; stir until combined.
- Serve warm with cilantro and extra chilis for garnish.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.