These Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs are one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
It is with a heavy heart that I confess to you how late I was to the Korean BBQ train. Seriously, how I went over 30 years of life without discovering the deliciousness that it is, I will never understand. I’ll blame some of it on my rural upbringing, but OH MY GOODNESS! It’s so tasty!
I discovered that I loved it living near my husband’s last duty station – in the less than glamorous Dover, DE. We always look for new places to try when we move to new places, and we thought we would try out this Korean BBQ/sushi joint that was nearby. I am so glad we did!
We have since moved, and no longer have a good place to get Korean BBQ, so what’s a girl to do? Make her own of course!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can dump everything directly into the slow cooker, with little prep work at all! I mix my sauce directly in the slow cooker, then add my ribs in – one less bowl to have to wash.
I like to reserve about 1/4 cup of the sauce to pour onto the ribs before I serve it – and I scoop that out before I add the ribs into the slow cooker. This just adds a little flavor boost to the finished dish.
I typically serve this over white rice, but they really go well with most anything. I have served it with my super simple Parsley Potatoes and Sugar Snap Peas and that makes one heck of a delicious meal.
What restaurant favorites have you remade at home?
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Korean BBQ
- 2-3 lbs Korean style short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger - minced
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- Mix together all the ingredients directly into the slow cooker bowl, except the ribs.
- Once combined, add the ribs.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.