This is the Best Coconut Poke Cake Recipe that I have ever made. It is super quick and very easy but taste so very moist and delicious.
When you want to serve the Best Coconut Poke Cake to your family this is the recipe that you are going to have to use. So tender, it has a great crumb and loads of coconut flavor.
What is a poke cake? A poke can is when you create little holes within the cake to pour some liquid for the cake to absorb. Find out more here.
Why Best Coconut Poke Cake Works
My coconut cake is the Best Coconut Poke cake recipe that I have made. If you hate dry cake, that doesn’t have a lot of flavor, then you will love this cake. You will love how very moist and luscious it is and is a favorite of all coconut lovers everywhere.
How to Make Coconut Cream Cake– Step by Step
- Make Cake: First, prepare cake according to the package directions.
- Bake: Second, bake in a 13×9 baking dish according to package directions.
- Poke Cake: Remove cake from the oven, and while still hot, poke holes all over the top using a fork.
- Milk: Open the can of coconut milk and stir it so it is completely combined, next pour 7 oz of the coconut milk over top of the hot cake.
- Allow Cake to Cool: Cool cake completely.
- Top with Whipped Cream: Spread whipped topping over the entire cake.
- Coconut: Finally, top with flaked coconut and then refrigerate for one hour before serving.
LOVE POKE RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy Dessert Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Can I Freeze My Easy Coconut Cake?
If you want to make this cake ahead of time, that is no problem. It will sit in the refrigerator for several days.Also, you can also freeze it if you need to, I recommend that you put the cake in unfrosted, then when it is time to serve, add the whip topping and coconut.
Truly, this cake can last in the freezer, wrapped tightly for a few months.
Recommendations for Making Coconut Poke Cake
Love to make a cake that taste like it came from a bakery but actually comes from a box? Below are a few tricks to take your cake to the next level.
- Warning: this cake calls for CANNED coconut milk, it is not the same as the one in the carton with the other milk products.
- Add an extra egg.
- Substitute water with milk or in this cake coconut milk in the recipe would be great.
- Alternative to oil would be to replace with twice the butter.
All of these swaps will add that extra fat that brings great moisture to a cake and will really make it taste like a professional cake.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Cupid Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 26 of the Most Amazing Best Milkshakes
- How To Organize Kitchen Cabinets
Expert Tips for Making the Best Coconut Cake Recipe
Try to think of suggestions and/or answers to questions readers may have…can it be made ahead, frozen, halved, doubled? Can you swap ingredients? Should you serve it immediately? What should you serve with it? Etc… These tips should be bulleted. Work in the KW you used in the heading and try to naturally fit in other KWs where applicable. Link to other relevant content or affiliate products when possible.
- Toast : To give a nutty flavor toast your coconut.
- Sweeten: A little sweetened condensed milk with your coconut milk
- Drizzle: Decorate with a little melted dark chocolate and caramel sauce on top and make a little samoa cake.
- Coconut Cake: For the true coconut lover use a coconut cake mix instead of a white cake mix.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Best Coconut Poke Cake
- 1 oz boxed White Cake mix 18, plus ingredients to make cake
- 7 oz canned coconut milk
- 1 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed, 8
- 8 oz sweetened flaked coconut
- Prepare cake according to the package directions.
- Bake in a 13×9 baking dish according to package directions.
- Remove cake from the oven, and while still hot, poke holes all over the top using a fork.
- Open the can of coconut milk and stir it so it is completely combined.
- Pour 7 oz of the coconut milk over top of the hot cake.
- Cool cake completely.
- Spread whipped topping over the entire cake.
- Top with flaked coconut.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/