Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a refreshing and healthy snack option! This colorful and flavorful dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re serving it up at a summer barbecue or enjoying it as an afternoon pick me up. On it’s own or as an amazing side dish, this recipe is truly amazing.
Not only is this fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing delicious, but it’s also packed with vitamins and antioxidants that will leave you feeling energized and satisfied. Plus, the dressing adds just the right amount of sweetness without being too heavy or overpowering. So grab your fruits and get ready to whip up a tasty treat that everyone will love!
Why We Love This Fresh Fruit Recipe
There are so many reasons why this honey lime dressing fruit salad has stolen our hearts. From its quick preparation to the simplicity of its ingredients, this recipe is a true winner. Not only is it a dish that everyone will enjoy, but it also offers a burst of flavors that will leave you craving more. Perfect for potlucks, brunch or any other special occasion.
- Quick and Easy: This delicious dish takes just 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish, allowing you to enjoy a refreshing and healthy fruit without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- Easy Ingredients:This recipe uses simple and readily available ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. It’s incredibly convenient to whip up this salad whenever you’re in the mood for something fresh and tasty. Ready to serve any time.
- Family Favorite Fruit Salad: This salad is a hit with the whole family! The combination of vibrant fruits and the sweet honey lime dressing appeals to both kids and adults. Everyone loves this fruit salad. It’s a great way to introduce children to different fruits and encourage them to enjoy a small bowl of this healthy snack.
Ingredient Notes to Make this Honey Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
- Fruit: This recipe allows you to get creative. Berries such as strawberry, raspberry, mandarin oranges, fresh pineapple, red grapes, kiwi, blueberry. You could also try experimenting with seasonal varieties. Make this salad with ripe fruit.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds a warm and aromatic note to your salad! It adds a delightful touch of spice and complexity to the overall flavor profile.
- Honey: The honey in the dressing brings natural sweetness to the fruit salad. It complements the tartness of the lime and enhances the overall taste. You can adjust the amount of sweetener based on your taste preference.
- Fresh Mint Leaves and Fresh Lime Juice: The lime juice and honey makes a sweet and tangy dressing. This simple honey lime dressing recipe is such a great compliment to fruit and chopped fresh mint is also perfect and produces the best results.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Best Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
This honey lime easy fruit salad recipe offers some fantastic variations that allow you to customize the flavors and adapt it to your dietary needs!
- Omit Cinnamon: If you’re not a fan of cinnamon, feel free to exclude it from the recipe. The fruit salad will still be incredibly tasty and refreshing without the addition of cinnamon.
- Agave Nectar: For a vegan version, you can replace honey with agave nectar. Agave nectar is a natural sweetener derived from the agave plant and has a mild, slightly fruity flavor.
- Zest: Add more tangy goodness with lime zest to this side dish.
How to Make Honey Lime Fruit Salad with Fresh Fruit
These are the basic steps for making lime honey fruit salad. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Step 1: Cut Fruit and Make and Add the Dressing
Slice the fruits your choose into bite sized pieces if needed. In a large bowl, add the honey and lime juice. Whisk until well combined and then whisk in the cinnamon.
Step 2: Toss Fruit in Dressing
Add the sliced fruit into the bowl with the dressing. Toss the fruit to ensure each piece is fully coated in the dressing.
Recipe FAQs for Best Fruit Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Expert Tips for Making This Mixed Fruit Salad Recipe
Elevate the flavors, textures, and creativity of your mixed fruit salad recipe by incorporating these expert recommended techniques. From adding a tropical touch with coconut to infusing a satisfying crunch with nuts, these tips will help you create a fruit salad that’s not only visually appealing but also bursting with delightful flavors.
- Add Coconut: For an extra layer of flavor, sprinkle some shredded coconut over your great recipe for fruit salad. It adds a hint of sweetness and a subtle tropical aroma that complements the fresh fruits perfectly.
- Add Crunch: To add a satisfying crunch to this easy recipe, consider incorporating chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts. Simply sprinkle them over the salad just before serving.
- Honey Replacement: If you’re looking for an alternative to honey for the fruit salad dressing, you can use maple syrup as a substitute. It offers a similar level of sweetness and adds a distinct maple flavor to the dressing.
- Poppy Seeds: this fruit salad is the perfect side with the lime and honey dressing but you can add a little crunch with the seeds.
What to Serve with Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 3 cups Fruit , choose your favorite fruit combination
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Fresh mint, chopped – for garnish, optional
- Slice your fruit into bite sized pieces if necessary.
- Combine the honey and lime juice in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Proceed by whisking in the cinnamon.
- Toss the fruit in the bowl until coated.
- Add Coconut: For an extra layer of flavor, sprinkle some shredded coconut over your salad. It adds a hint of sweetness and a subtle tropical aroma that complements the fresh fruits perfectly.
- Add Crunch: To add a satisfying crunch to your dish, consider incorporating chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts. Simply sprinkle them over the salad just before serving.
- Honey Replacement: If you’re looking for an alternative to honey, you can use maple syrup as a substitute. It offers a similar level of sweetness and adds a distinct maple flavor to the dressing.