These Baked Chimichangas are an easy Mexican recipe that will have your family begging for more!
I was really hopeful that all the flavors would mesh well and I was even more hopeful that my kids might like it. I made 8 chimichangas and was floored when they were all eaten up. My kids each ate 2 whole ones! I couldn’t believe it.
We paired this up with my trusty old Mexican Rice recipe and some seasoned black beans. I think I might need to use this meat with the sauce instead of the ground beef with Baked or Fried Empanadas. I think all those flavors would mesh so well together too!
This was such an easy way to use up some leftover meat and I think the next time I make up the BBQ sandwiches I will make up a double batch of meat. That way there will be enough meat for the BBQ sandwiches and plenty for the chimichangas!
What’s your favorite dish to use up leftovers?
Baked Chimichangas – an easy Mexican recipe
Easy Baked Chimichangas
- 4 cups cooked pork, I used the leftover pork from the Dr. Pepper BBQ Pork
- 1 ½ cups jarred tomatillo salsa
- 8 flour tortillas
- Cooking spray or canola oil
- Sour cream, optional for serving
- Hot sauce, optional for serving
- Queso fresco, optional for serving
- Combine the pork and salsa thoroughly. Measure out a 1/2 cup of meat per tortillas. Wrap up the tortillas burrito style, folding in the sides first, tuck in the bottom, and roll it up.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray or brush with canola oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with rice, beans, and sour cream, hot sauce, and queso fresco.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/