This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is an easy appetizer recipe that’s the perfect holiday party treat!
While many are spending this month baking cookies (and stressing about cookie exchanges), we like to keep it simple at our house. We love cooking and baking together, but we prefer to keep our holiday relaxed. We choose to attend one or two parties and keep our recipes simple while delicious.
This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball has all the flavors and texture of a fancy cheesecake but is party-friendly, and it’s the perfect dessert to bring to a family gathering this winter. You can even jazz up your football-watching days with it!
This recipe is one of my favorites to bring to a holiday party or potluck. It tastes like cheesecake but without all the work!
You can serve this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball with lots of different dipping options–graham cracker sticks, vanilla or chocolate wafers, shortbread cookies, or pretzels.
Looking for more easy holiday treats? Try these 3-Ingredient Holiday Cookies and Candy. They’re super simple but make a great presentation if you’re looking for a teacher or neighbor gift!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill for another hour.
- Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.