Hello It Is A Keeper readers! Since having my baby I’ve been relying even more heavily on my slow cooker. It’s been my saving grace to get food on the table. And I’ve been trying to make dishes that can be easily made into several different recipes. It’s the most efficient time saver to cook once and have 2 or 3 different meals you can then eat. That’s one reason why I love my Slow Cooker Dr Pepper BBQ Sandwich recipe because the leftovers are so tasty as Baked Chimichangas.
That was my goal with this recipe. I wanted a pork recipe that was flavorful enough to eat on its own but would also taste just as good when made into a few other dishes. The first night we paired it with Basmati rice and sauteed green beans. It was such a nice and simple meal. Another night I tossed some of the leftover pork with some BBQ sauce and served it on top of buns. For another meal you could saute up some peppers and onions, toss it with the pork and serve it atop mashed potatoes.
I like to use pork shoulder roasts in the slow cooker because it doesn’t get tough which can happen with other cuts of meat. Shoulder roasts are perfect for recipes like this, the Dr Pepper pork, and Kalua Pork or Cafe Rio style Sweet and Spicy Pork. I pick up the large packages of shoulder roasts from Costco where they are always a good price and cut them in half. I can get several meals from just half of the roast packages from there.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best Slow Cooker recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 4 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 Tbsp additional balsamic vinegar, optional
- Chop the oregano leaves and combine the first 6 ingredients. Place pork roast in slow cooker.Rub the mixture over the pork roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.Shred the meat and toss with the additional balsamic vinegar, if desired. Pairs wonderfully with rice.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/