This easy Italian Hoagie Dip recipe is one of my family’s all-time favorite recipes. It has everything that an Italian Hoagie has on it but it’s chopped up and served as a dip. Every time I make it, it gets devoured!
Italian Hoagie Dip Recipe
Italian Hoagie Dip
This Italian Hoagie Dip recipe is one of the best recipes I have in my arsenal. It makes an appearance at every single party and the bowl is always wiped clean.
It’s one of those dishes that has people begging for the recipe. I’m just letting you know that now, so you can be prepared if you take it to a party. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! The great thing is, you can easily just send them here to my website to snag their own printed recipe!
You might know it as a sub or grinder, but here in northeast PA, we call it a hoagie. It’s one of my all-time favorite sandwiches. Layers of Italian meats and cheese, topped with a tangy, Italian herb spread and garnished with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and peppers. It’s a flavor explosion!
Whoever thought to take this classic sandwich and turn it into a dip was a genius!
Don’t get me wrong, the sandwich is great, but being about to spread the Italian deliciousness on a baguette slice or crackers is even better!
More Recipes You Might Like
- White Pizza Dip
- Easy Taco Dip
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy dip recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Italian Hoagie Dip
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 pound deli turkey breast - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 pound deli Genoa salami - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 pound deli ham - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 pound deli provolone cheese - chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - shredded and chopped
- 1/2 cup hot banana peppers - finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tomato - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes - optional
- In a large bowl, combine the deli meats and cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato and banana peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, olive oil. oregano, basil and pepper flakes.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.