Put a Mexican spin on a Chinese favorite in just 15 minutes. These 15 Minute Taco Egg Rolls are quick and easy!
What’s your favorite kind of food? Me, I have lots! Really, almost any food is my favorite food. But I do have a hankering for Chinese food more often than any others. So what do you do when you’re feeling one thing and your spouse or kids are wanting something totally different? You give in and give them what they want? That very thing happened to us a few weeks ago and I did what any good mom would do… I combined the two!
This wasn’t the first time I’d combined tacos with other foods. You see my boys really like tacos. But they also really, REALLY like pizza. So last year I combined the two into one glorious meal! It was so good we’ve had it almost every month since. The only problem was this time I wasn’t craving pizza. I was really craving some chicken egg rolls from Panda Express. But because I’d rather spend money on gifts this time of year than eating out (and because it was snowing) I opted to stay in for dinner. The first time I mixed tacos with another food it worked out great so I decided to try it again.
These beauties were so easy to make and really filling too! They work great as appetizers but also as a main dish. Any food you can eat with your hands is a winner in my kids’ book and this one was no different. I love how the cheesy taco meat blends so well with the crunchy egg roll crust. I got 10 egg rolls out of 1 pound of ground beef and they were packed full of cheese and meat. You could probably get 15-20 or more if you use 1 Tbsp of taco meat instead of 2 Tbsp.
I made my egg rolls pretty basic with just meat and cheese but you could add whatever taco dressings you like; tomatoes, lettuce, onions. You can also dip them in guacamole, salsa, sour cream or just eat them plain!
Have you ever combined two foods into one dish before? How did it turn out?
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Taco Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- oil for frying
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Return beef to skillet and add taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp shredded cheese to center of egg roll wrapper.
- Top with 1-2 Tbsp of taco meat.
- Fold wrapper and place egg roll in oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Set on a paper towel covered paper plate for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.