My grandma’s recipe for Easy Zucchini Cookies is one of my most treasured recipes. These cookies have the perfect texture! They are just one of the many easy zucchini recipes I adore!
Why This Recipe for Easy Zucchini Cookies Works
My grandmother baked these easy zucchini cookies throughout my childhood. If you didn’t know it was in there, you probably wouldn’t even notice the zucchini. You would just taste super moist cookies loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts. They are so easy to make and so yummy!
How to Make Zucchini Cookies Recipe
I bet you are wondering how to make zucchini cookies without noticing the zucchini. Well, it is rather simple! You just have to finely grate down 1 cup of zucchini and once it is added to the batter it mixes up perfectly! I use a box grater to get it extra fine!
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
Making these chocolate zucchini cookies is as easy as 1-2-3! Start things off by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then you add the egg, flour, and zucchini to the mix. The cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips mixed into the firm batter are where the magic happens.
Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet and give them a short bake! Impressive right?!
Expert Tips for Making Easy Zucchini Cookies
Here are my best tips for making these easy zucchini cookies just like my grandmother used to make for me when I was a kid!
- Use a box grater to make fine pieces of zucchini.
- Don’t over bake these cookies! Mind your baking time.
- Use the cookie scoop for accurate cookie sizes.
Variations for Making Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
The original recipe for these chocolate zucchini cookies are just like my grandmother used to fix in her baking frenzies. Here are some ways to change things up if you are looking for something different.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or even raisins.
- Exchange the walnuts for pecans.
- Drizzle with your favorite frosting or glaze.
Tools Use to Make Easy Zucchini Cookies
Box Grater: This box grater is a must have for grating the zucchini for this recipe.
Silicone Baking Mat: I love these silicone baking mats to keep baked goods from sticking.
My Favorite Baking Pans: These are the baking pans I have in my kitchen that I totally love.
More Zucchini Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy zucchini recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Easy Zucchini Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixer and beat until smooth. The dough will be stiff.
- Stir in zucchini and remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool for 2 minutes then remove to cooling racks.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/