If you ever wondered how to carve turkey breast like a professional, below you will find some helpful tips and tricks to create the perfect turkey slices.
Yes, there is a perfect way to carve a turkey breast. Learn how to slice your cooked turkey quickly and easily.
Below are some key steps on How to Carve Turkey Breast (and the rest of the bird). To have the perfect slice you will definitely want to have the bird rest to lock in the juices into the turkey. Use smoked turkey or turkey brine if you like.
Why We Love Turkey Recipe
White meat turkey is one of the most popular parts of the bird. Therefore, it is always better to have extra on hand for thanksgiving dinner.
- Tools: Use a good, sharp carving knife and a two-pronged fork or your hand.
- One side at a time: It’s easiest to carve one entire side of the first and then move on to the second side..
What is Turkey Breast
The turkey breast is all white meat, very low in fat, and high in protein. While the drumstick s and the wings have their place. The turkey breast is perfect for sandwiches, casseroles and more. Allow the meat to rest for several minutes before carving. Then follow these carving techniques for cutting the meat.
Tools Needed to Carve a Turkey Carving
While you might think it is hard, to use your knife to cut the breast. It is honestly very easy. Having the proper tools can really help. Make turkey following your favorite recipe.
- Cutting Board: You will a nice stable, large cutting board.
- Carving Knife: Invest in a good quality carving knife to make the job easier. A sharp knife will be key to even slices. Using a serrated knife is best.
- Carving Fork: Stabilizing the meat will make it easier to cut.
Benefits of Learning How to Carve a Turkey Like a Pro
- Benefit 1: It is extra meat that you need for your holiday table or the perfect amount for a smaller family. When you display the turkey at the table, guests will be impressed.
- Benefit 2: Slice against the grain when turkey carving will provide the perfect slice.
How to Cut Turkey Breast Meat Step-By-Step
When you learn how to carve the turkey breast, you will become a pro at doing a whole turkey.
Step 1: Start by Finding the Breast Bone
First hold the turkey breast upright so that breasts and breast bone are on top. Locate the breastbone down the top of the bird and place your carving knife just to the side of that breastbone. Remove the wing and the thigh.
Step 2: Remove the Meat from the Breast Bone
Then cut from one end of the turkey breast to the other, staying as close to the top of the breast bone as possible. That way you will get the most meat. Do not worry if some is left that is normal. Remove the breast and place on a serving platter.
Step 3: Repeat Cut the Breast from the Bone and Carve the Breast
Again, find that breastbone cut the length of the turkey breast again. Remove the turkey breast from that side. Then slice crosswise. Don’t saw back and forth, use long knife strokes to cut cleanly through the meat. This will help keep the skin in place. Repeat with the remaining breast.
Step 4: Evenly slice the Delicious Turkey
After both turkey breasts are removed you can cut them into turkey slices and place on a turkey platter. This makes them perfect for serving at your Thanksgiving turkey.
FAQs to How to Carve Turkey(and the rest of the bird)
Expert Tips for Carving Turkey
To have the best turkey breast, you can follow a few tips to make the process so much easier.
- Temperature.: Use a Meat thermometer. That way you can guarantee that the roast turkey breast is cooked thoroughly.
- Let the Meat Rest: Always allow the meat to rest for at least a half an hour before you carve your turkey. The turkey juices will have time to return to the bird.
- Knife: Invest in a good quality chef’s knife. It will cut through the meat like butter.