Nothing will fill your home with warm vibes and happy smiles as this delicious crock pot hot chocolate. It is easy, quick and delicious.
Why Crock Pot Hot Chocolate?
Imagine going outside for skating, snow man building or Christmas morning and have your house filled with the smell of this amazing crock pot hot chocolate.
All you need to do is mix it up ahead of time then set the slow cooker. This crockpot hot chocolate will take care of itself and everyone will be in heaven.
How to Make Crock Pot Hot Chocolate – Step by Step
- Step One: In crock pot mix the first three ingredients.
- Step Two: Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Step Three: Whisk in milk and vanilla.
- Step Four: Cover and cook for two hours, whisk again and serve your crock pot hot chocolate with your favorite toppings.
LOVE THESE EASY CROCKPOT RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Crock Pot Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Recommendations for Making Non Dairy Crockpot Hot Chocolate
If you do not do dairy you can make a dairy free version by making your own sweetened condensed milk for my crock pot hot chocolate.
Here is what you will need. Three cups of almond milk or soy milk, three cups white sugar and one tablespoon corn flour.
- Step 1: Add milk and sugar in a pan and stir till the mix becomes thick
- Step 2: In another pan, prepare a mix of corn flour and water to make a paste, add the flour paste to milk and stir
- Step 3: Store in an airtight container. It can stay for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Then use your favorite non dairy milk for the whole milk and you have a great slow cooker hot chocolate.
Tip for Making Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
If we have any leftover of this crock pot hot chocolate (which is rare), I stash the leftovers in the fridge and reheat it in the microwave. You can also freeze this mixture and have on hand whenever you need it.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- White Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- 45 Easy Fudge Recipes
- Gifts for Gamers
Expert Tips for Making the Best Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- Make More: If you are going to your kids game, make in the Crock pot while you are getting ready and put in an insulated container and give everyone a treat.
- Booze it Up: For an adult holiday party, prepare as usual and then have a bar with Bailey’s, Kahlua, Fireball or your favorite alcohol and your guest can create their own masterpiece.
- Its all in the Extras: This is great for a kids party so make the crock pot hot chocolate as directed and then add flavored whip creams, candies, and syrups and let the kids have a ball.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine first three ingredients and mix well.
- Cover; cook on high setting for 30 minutes, stirring every occasionally until chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in stir 2 cups of milk until smooth.
- Gradually stir in remaining 6 cups milk and vanilla.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until hot.
- Before serving, whisk until cocoa is full combined.
- To serve, leave in slow cooker and reduce heat setting to low or warm.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Booze it Up: For an adult holiday party, prepare as usual and then have a bar with Bailey's, Kahlua, Fireball or your favorite alcohol and your guest can create their own masterpiece.
Its all in the Extras: This is great for a kids party so make the crock pot hot chocolate as directed and then add flavored whip creams, candies, and syrups and let the kids have a ball.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/