These Baja Fish Tacos are one of my favorite fish dinner recipes.
For the most part, I’m not a big fish eater. Some would think that odd because I’m part Scandinavian. But, we didn’t really eat fish growing up. Therefor, I have a hard time with it now as an adult.
But there is an exception. Fish tacos. I don’t know what the magical component is, but when it comes to fish tacos, I just can’t get enough.
This recipe is one of my favorite fish taco recipes. I love it because the tender cod is coated in a zippy spice blend then seared to perfection.
Then, it’s topped with fresh cabbage and crunchy tortilla strips and topped with an incredible Baja sauce.
And, when you wrap all of this deliciousness up into a soft flour tortilla, something magical happens. All of the flavors and textures become one.
It really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of these!
What is your favorite topping for fish tacos? Leave a comment and let me know.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the fish dinner recipes on It is a Keeper! Including these:
Fish Dinner Recipes: Baja Fish Tacos
- 1 pound cod fillets cut into 1 inch thick fillets, or any white fish
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- Crunchy tri-colored tortilla strips
- Baja Sauce below
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 in chipotle peppers adobo sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Season one side of fish liberally with taco seasoning.
- Place fish, seasoning side down, in the hot skillet.
- Season the other side of the fish.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip fish and allow to cook for 2 more minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Place an even amount of fish in each tortilla.
- Top with shredded cabbage, tortilla strips and Baja Sauce.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and purée until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/