This Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder is one of the best easy crock pot recipes that is sure to warm you up on a cold day. It’s one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder is a favorite soup at my house. I love that with just a little prep work and combining the ingredients in the slow cooker I can walk away and not think it again until dinner time.
Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm back again this month sharing one of my favorite soup recipes. One thing I love the most about this chowder is that it’s made in the slow cooker. Of course everyone knows that slow cookers are a fantastic way make cooking dinner easier at the end of a busy day.
This Potato and Corn Chowder does take a little prep before it goes in the slow cooker but it’s nothing too labor intensive. To begin you will need to wash and dice the potatoes. Once they are ready just dump them into the slow cooker followed by a package of frozen corn and three tablespoons for flour. Toss to coat.
Next you will add the chicken stock. Be sure you are using stock and not broth. Broth is seasoned while stock is not. Using broth will change the flavor of the soup so be sure to use chicken stock.
After pouring then the chicken stock add thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, Stir to combine.
Cook on low for seven to eight hours or high for three to four hours. This will depend on your slow cooker and it’s settings. Each brand or size of cooker is slightly different.
Once the cooking it complete you will add a half cp of heavy cream. Stir the cream into the soup until it’s fully combined.
I like to add a little bacon to this soup but ti’s not necessary. Thinly sliced scallions are also great with this soup. Of course with any soup or chowder crackers are delicious.
If you looking for more great slow cooker recipes be sure to check out three of my favorites over at New South Charm. They are Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup, and Slow Cooker Ham and White Beans.
Do you use your slow cooker a lot? If so what is your favorite slow cooker recipe? I’d love to know just leave me a message in the comments.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Easy Crock Pot Recipes: Potato Corn Chowder
Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder
- Dump diced potatoes in the bottom of the bowl of your slow cooker
- Pour in package of frozen corn
- Add three tablespoons of flour, toss together until corn and potatoes are coated
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
- When cooking is complete stir in a half cup of heavy cream
- Serve and garnish with bacon, crackers or scallions if desired
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.