Love a good brisket but not sure how to cook the best brisket recipe at home? Here we have compiled our best brisket recipes, with easy step by step instructions on how to cook beef brisket that’s easy to make. This delicious meat includes plenty of options for flavors and presentation that you will love!
The best brisket recipe isn’t just reserved for when you go out to a barbecue joint – there are plenty of ways to make it at home! This tender cut of beef can be prepared and enjoyed in many ways, ranging from barbecuing, slow cooking in a crock pot, to oven roasting. If you’ve been wanting to switch things up and wow your friends and family, you will definitely want to get your hands on the best brisket recipe that will make this smokey, delicious meat a new staple for parties, picnics, and cookouts.
Although deemed intimidating to some home cookers since it is a tough cut that needs to be cooked longer than others, we have put together some fantastic recipes that make it simple to enjoy this flavor packed meat – and make it well worth your time. This collection includes the best brisket recipe, including our favorite smoked brisket recipe, brisket in oven recipes, crock pot brisket recipes, brisket rubs, and more.
Best Brisket Recipe
Smoked beef brisket is the classic brisket barbecue that everyone knows and loves. Brisket has become one of the most highly demanded meats at Barbecue joints, and finding out to make this smoky beef brisket delicacy at home will be a serious summer game changer.
- Smoked Brisket Recipe: This easy to follow recipe is always a hit – especially with the boys!
- Texas Style Smoked Brisket: This traditional Texas brisket delivers melt-in-your mouth results.
- Easy Smoked Brisket Recipe: This simple base recipe is delicious and gives a nice brisket breakdown of tips and tricks for cooking!
- Smoked Brisket Tacos: A fun way to serve your brisket meat, perfectly refreshing for hot summer days.
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich: A simple, delicious way to enjoy your brisket with some barbecue sauce for an added burst of flavor.
Brisket in Oven Recipes
If you don’t have a smoker, no need to worry! Brisket can be just as delicious when made in the oven too. These are our favorite brisket in oven recipes, but many of these can be prepared in a crock pot or instant pot as well.
- BBQ Beef Oven Baked Brisket: This oven baked recipe includes a special BBQ sauce recipe sure to complete your brisket!
- Sweet and Sour Brisket: This flavorful, minimal prep time recipe is perfect to feed the family year round.
- Beef Brisket Gyros: A fun, refreshing way to serve your oven cooked brisket.
- BBQ Beef Brisket: This oven baked BBQ recipe can be made in the slow cooker as well – and includes a special rub that will make your brisket stand out.
- Porter and Balsamic Braised Brisket: Beer braised brisket filled with rich flavor encased in a delicious dark bark.
Crock Pot Brisket Recipes
Since brisket takes longer to cook than most meats, it’s understandable to want to minimize your prep time. These crock pot brisket recipes allow you to throw all the ingredients together and let the pot do the work for you!
- Slow Cooked Pulled Brisket: This delicious southern classic seriously melts in your mouth, and is great for sandwiches.
- Crock Pot Brisket: This delicious recipe includes some great ingredients like onion soup mix, brown sugar, garlic and chili – sure to deliver some serious flavor. Pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes!
- Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket: This delicious, simple recipe includes a rich tomato red wine gravy to top off the tender brisket.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket: This recipe gives the meat a spicy kick which makes it perfect for all of your favorite Mexican dishes, including nachos, tacos, burritos, and more.
- Slow Cooker Brisket: This comfort food recipe is beef simmered with vegetables and seasonings until it is fall-apart tender. Great year round, especially in the colder months!
Best Brisket Rub
The rub that you put on your brisket can make a huge difference in flavor, and adds a nice crispy bark to the meat, keeping the inside tender and juicy. The best brisket rub will step up your brisket game for sure!
- Barbecue Dry Rub: This delicious dry rub tastes like a traditional barbecue joint, and can be easily made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry! It can go with any type of meat.
- Brown Sugar Brisket Rub: This quick and easy rub gives your brisket a sweet, mildly spicy kick.
- Coffee Brisket Rub: This coffee rub really complements the rich, smoky flavor of the brisket.
- Smoked Brisket Rub: A classic, peppery rub that can be easily adjusted to your taste buds for your perfect smoked brisket.
- Texas Style Brisket Rub: The traditional Texas style includes mustard, salt, and pepper.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Apple Cider Sauce
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- Pizza Burger
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
Looking for more? Check out all of the best crock pot recipes on It Is a Keeper.