Welcome to my Slow Cookin’ Summer series where I’ll be sharing 12 weeks of easy recipes for a slow cooker! Make sure you subscribe to It’s a Keeper so you don’t miss a single one! Just click here and I will email you as soon as a new recipe is posted.
Let’s keep the Slow Cookin’ Summer Series going with this recipe from Kathleen from Fearlessly Creative Mammas. Here’s her recipe:
Hello! I’m Kathleen and I am so excited to be a guest to post on It is a Keeper. Thank you so much Christina for having me. This slow cooker series is right up my alley. I use my slow cooker several times a week, even if I’m the only one who is home to eat. Today I’m here to share my Creole Pork Tenderloin recipe with you. It is really easy and has loads of flavor.
A little about me. I blog at Fearlessly Creative Mammas with my oldest daughter, Samantha. We blog about anything we consider creative, like recipes, crafts or family activities. When I’m not creating something for our blog, I love to spend time with my family, camp, hike and travel. I am also an amateur photographer and archer. I hope you will stop over for a visit sometime.
I have two sizes of slow cookers, a very large size to cook things like this yummy Creole Pork Tenderloin or my really great Slow Cooker Ham. Did you know you can make ham is a slow cooker? It’s really great. I also have a very small slow cooker that I use when I’m cooking only for me. One of my favorite meals to make just for me is this Salsa Sour Cream Chicken. It is so flavorful.
This recipe came about because I was watching my grandkids and needed something easy to cook for dinner, without having to go to the store. I looked around at my supplies and this is what I came up with. It was a hit too. All of the kids ate it, as well as my husband and son-in-law. I served it with rice and corn and will be making it again.
Slow Cooker Creole Pork Tenderloin
Compliments of Fearlessly Creative MammasAs seen on www.itisakeeper.com
- 1 4-5 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 pint of stewed tomatoes (I used some I canned last fall that also had celery)
- 2 Tbsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups sweet bell pepper, sliced
- Prepare your slow cooker either by greasing or inserting a slow cooker liner. (I used the liner)
- Put 1 tablespoon of the Creole seasoning in your hand and rub the tenderloin well.
- Put the other tablespoon in your hand and continue rubbing to make sure the whole tenderloin is covered.
- Put the tenderloin in the slow cooker and sprinkle any left over seasoning over it.
- Rub the minced garlic over the tenderloin.
- Spread the chopped onion over the tenderloin.
- Cover the tenderloin with the stewed tomatoes and liquid.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Spread the sweet peppers over the tenderloin for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove tenderloin to plate and cover with the remaining peppers, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
I really hope you love this Slow Cooker Creole Pork Tenderloin and it will become a part of your family meal times. What is your favorite slow cooker recipe to make for your family? Do you use your slow cooker in the summertime?
Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe, Kathleen]! If you like this recipe, please pin it or share it! And, of course make sure you subscribe to It’s a Keeper so you don’t miss a single one!
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: