These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken. They make a great light supper or tasty lunch.
Don’t you just love coming home from a long day at work and having the main part of your meal completely cooked ready for you to eat? I know that I definitely do, that is why I love my slow cooker, it does all the work for me.
To tell you a little bit about me I blog over at Something Splendid with my best friend Karli and sister Emily. All of us are in college and we love sharing our ideas on recipes, beauty, crafts, and life…all on a budget. I hope you stop by and check us out we love having new visitors!
I absolutely love Mexican food, it’s my favorite. Enchiladas, Tacos, Burritos, you name it and I love it. My love of Mexican food is just one of the many reasons why I love these Crock Pot Chicken Tacos. If you’ve never tried tacos made in the crock pot you must make these!
Here’s a few additional hints about my favorite brand of ingredients to use. I get the salsa from Trader Joe’s if you read my Trader Joe’s Favorites post you will see why! The tortillas I buy from Costco they come uncooked and are seriously the best.
I hope you make and enjoy these tacos and add these to your meal list especially since they are perfect for summer and so simple to make! For more of my favorite Mexican dishes check out our Crunchy Black Bean Tacos and Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
This recipe was part of my Slow Cookin’ Summer Series. Several bloggers and I shared 12 weeks of slow cooker recipes so you didn’t have to heat up your kitchen during the dog days of summer.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 4 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper - or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes - or to taste (optional)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- Taco shells
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, ground cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle evenly over all sides of the chicken.
- Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of crock pot.
- Cover chicken with salsa.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or high for 2-3 hours, or until chicken breasts are tender.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken directly in your crock pot.
- Serve in taco shells with topping of your choice.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.