This decadent SNICKERS® Poke Cake is one of my favorite easy desserts to make.
What do you get when you cross a moist chocolate cake with caramel, peanuts, candy bars and other delicious ingredients? You get Snickers Cake with its amazing frosting! the most over-the-top delicious cake that will have your family begging for more and one of the best things that will ever come out of your oven.
Every year, we go to my husband’s uncle’s house for the big game. He has an amazing buffet filled with all of the best game day foods — chili dogs, wings, (big consumer of vegetable oil) dips and, of course, desserts.
I was thinking about what to take this year and I came up with this SNICKERS Poke Cake. It’s one of my favorite easy desserts to make. You don’t even need a fancy stand mixer to make this recipe. This cake which would make an amazing birthday cake! It has everything!!! –one of my favorite cake mixes ever and a social media darling! This cake contains chocolate, caramel, a light whipped topping and crushed candy bars to seal the deal. You don’t even need an expensive cake pan. You can make on a sheet pan or as a Bundt cake or two round cake pans. I know it’s going to be a hit! This cake starts with a boxed Devil’s Food Cake. Please make sure to stir well so there are no lumps and you can even add your own vanilla extract for a more intense flavor. Of course, you can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, but I find the boxed cake to work just fine. Once the cake is done baking, please let it cool for about 10 minutes. Here comes the fun! This cake could be simply topped with whipped cream, salted caramel, a peanut butter frosting would also be amazing. Don’t forget ice cream on top! You could stick with this classic snickers poke cake recipe or change it up to your families taste. Don’t be shy add some cool whip while enjoying this American classic.
Then, using a straw, poke holes all over the top of it. Go in pretty far, just not all the way through. You want to create little tunnels for the caramel to seep into. The rest of the cake is all about layering. You add layer upon layer of goodness. Then it’s topped off with chopped SNICKERS!
And, make sure you check my Carrot Cake Poke Cake recipe, too! It’s so easy and so good!
Snickers Poke Cake
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake, prepared a 13×9 pan
- 3/4 cup caramel sundae topping, divided
- 3 full size SNICKERS bars, chopped
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Poke holes all over cake using a drinking straw. Be careful not to go all the way through to the bottom.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the caramel topping over the top of the cake.
- Use a spatula to spread it around so it gets into all of the holes.
- In a bowl, mix the thawed whipped topping with the remaining caramel topping.
- Spread the whipped topping mixture on top of the cake.
- Chop the SNICKERS bars into small pieces.
- Sprinkle chopped SNICKERS on top of the cake.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and extra caramel sauce before serving, if desired.