If your mornings are hectic, try these 10 habits to improve your mornings.
- Start the night before. Tackling things like picking out clothes, making lunches, packing backpacks and prepping breakfast are easy things you can do at night to help make your mornings more manageable.
- Create a to-do list. Each night, I make a quick to-do list of three things I want to accomplish the next day. This way, when I get up, I know exactly what I need to do for the day. I limit myself to three so that the list doesn’t spiral out of control. I know that if I can tackle those three items, I’m on my way to a productive day.
- Get up 10 minutes earlier. Use those 10 minutes to get yourself going. Have a quiet cup of coffee, catch up on the news or do some stretching. It’s amazing how these 10 minutes can make you feel so much better.
- Don’t check your email. Email is a huge time suck. Checking your email first thing in the morning will eat up precious time and throw your entire routine off.
- Eat breakfast. You need to eat breakfast every single day. Whether it’s a container of yogurt and fruit or something you prepped the night before, it’s important that you start your day by eating something wholesome.
- Set your coffee maker. Program your coffee maker to start 5 minutes before you wake up. This way, you will wake up to the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and you won’t have to wait for that first cup.
- Drink a glass of water. Before you do anything, drink one glass of cool water. This will help hydrate your body and wake up your cells.
- Make your bed. It’s been said that by completing this simple task first thing in the morning, you are checking the first thing off of your daily to do list, which motivates you to keep chugging away at that list. Plus, there’s nothing like climbing into a made bed at the end of a long day.
- Exercise. Even if it’s only for 10 minutes, get yourself moving. This will help give you a boost of energy and keep stress in check.
- Brush your teeth. I know it sounds simple, but brushing your teeth first thing in the morning will wake you up so you’re ready to start the day. The minty freshness wakes me up.
The morning is a great time to take care of your pet’s hygiene needs too. I like to give my cat, Jack, his daily dose of medication to help his arthritis and I also give him Meow Mix Brushing Bites.
Meow Mix Brushing Bites are specially designed to help clean cats’ teeth by reducing and controlling plaque and tartar. Jack loves the taste – they are made with real chicken or salmon and fortified with vitamin D and calcium to help support strong teeth and bones.
Jack loved this new (and delicious!) dental routine. He started sitting outside of our bedroom door waiting to start his morning routine too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
Did you enjoy this post?
Get FREE email updates of my latest recipes and tips. Plus, I'll send you my FREE eCookbook, The Best Slow Cooker Recipes Every Cook Needs!