This fruity mocktail is perfect for your Easter Sunday celebration. It will quickly become one of your favorite simple cocktail recipes.
If there is one fruit you can never go wrong with it’s strawberries. My name is Sydney and I’m here today to say I am a strawberry-aholic. If I could eat them with every meal I would. But since that would get expensive (and it probably isn’t very healthy) I’ll settle for the occasional snack, in salads and with dessert.
On Easter Sunday we always get together with my husband’s family for dinner and our annual Easter egg hunt. My mother-in-law assigns food for dinner and this year I was asked to bring a drink. I knew I wanted to incorporate strawberries somehow, but how? It was too early for strawberry lemonade or slushes, though I did consider making a berry slush. I needed something that everyone would like, and something I wouldn’t mind drinking for a few days afterwards just in case there were leftovers.
As I was going through the coupons a few weeks ago I found a coupon for pineapple juice and I knew that would pair well with the strawberries. It tasted good but it tasted more like pineapple than strawberry. I looked around in my pantry and found Strawberry Kiwi Kool-Aid. That was just what it needed! I now had the perfect mix of tangy pineapples and sweet strawberries; with a teensy weensy hint of kiwi too. I threw in a splash of club soda to add a little sparkle and my Easter mocktail was complete. Make a big batch for a large family gathering or cut the portions in half (or fourths) if you only want to make a drink for you and a few close friends.
If your drink will be sitting out for awhile after being served freeze the strawberries before mixing in to keep this spritzer cooler, longer.
What are your favorite way to use strawberries? Leave me a comment below!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the simple cocktail recipes on It is a Keeper! Including these:
Simple Cocktail Recipes: Strawberry Pineapple Spritzer
Strawberry Pineapple Spritzer: An Easter Mocktail
- 1 oz can pineapple juice - 46
- 2 cups strawberries - diced
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 packet Strawberry Kiwi Kool Aid
- cup OPTIONAL: 3/4 Malibu Rum
- Mix together pineapple juice, strawberry kiwi kool-aid and rum (optional)
- Add diced strawberries and top off with club soda.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.