This Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy meal that is full of flavor.
This recipe for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta features one of my favorite tricks to get dinner on the table for you family in a rush.
Hi it’s Susanne from New South Charm back with a great diner idea for your family. This month I’m sharing a quick casserole that uses rotisserie chicken as a key ingredient. Using rotisserie chicken from the deli section of your grocery store reduces cooking time; helping you to serve dinner at home even on the busiest night.
I always begin with shredding the chicken. Now I’ve seen several ways to do this on Pinterest. But honestly I think it’s easiest to just cut off sections and and tear it into small pieces by hand. It’s a little messy but I find you waste less chicken this way. Dividing the chicken like this is a great way to let the kids help you in the kitchen.
This recipe is actually divided into three parts: the pasta, the sauce, and the crust. Each part is simple to make and even with the multiple steps this whole casserole takes only forty minutes to make.
The sauce is what makes this dish so delicious. It’s a simple cheese sauce that features garlic and parmesan cheese. To make the sauce you’ll need 4 cloves of fresh garlic minced. For this recipe I recommend not trying to exchange the fresh garlic for garlic powder. The fresh garlic will give you a lot more flavor.
Since this recipe has so few ingredients I splurged a little and purchased on some aged parmesan from the cheese counter. I feel like the aged parmesan gives the pasta a little something extra. But, if you don’t want to spend the extra money or time shredding cheese then a package of pre-shredded cheese from the dairy section is great too.
This recipe is a great combination of cheese, chicken and pasta. If you love this combination as much as I do then pop over to my blog New South Charm and check out my recipes for Creamy Chicken Farfalle or Rotel Chicken Pasta.
Here are some other recipes you may also like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.