This Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken is one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole is a favorite at my house. So when I saw this recipe for Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken I knew I had to try it.
Hi! Susanne from New South Charm back again with great crock pot recipe. This time I’m sharing a recipe for a classic recipe made even better by preparing it in your slow cooker.
Unlike a lot of slow cooker recipes this one does require you to start out with cooked chicken. If you don’t want to prepare the chicken ahead of time buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it.
Another quick tip is to purchased precooked unseasoned chicken from the meat section or freezer section of your grocery store. If the chicken is frozen thaw it before putting it in he slow cooker.
I really like the crunch of the Tortilla chips in this dish. To make sure I get that crunch I crush some of the remaining chips on the plate and then dish the King Ranch Chicken Casserole on top. Trust me this is the only way to eat it.
Does your family have a favorite crock pot recipe? What is it? Leave a comment below and tell me.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Crock Pot King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- oz Half an 11 . bag of tortilla chips
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10.75 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cloves garlic - minced or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, salt and pepper
- Stir until combined
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray*
- Add half of chicken mixture onto of chips, spread evenly
- Then top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Then repeat layers this time topping with cheddar cheese
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours
- Serve with extra tortilla chips
- *Note for easier clean up I recommend using a slow cooker liner. If you use a liner beside to spray it with nonstick spray
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.