This recipe makes perfect roasted garlic every single time.
I love garlic. I love it raw. I love it cooked. And, I really love it roasted.
Something magical happens when you roast garlic. The strong garlic bite is transformed into a sweet, mellow flavor. Bliss.
It adds an incredible flavor to so many things – like mashed potatoes, pasta, dips and sauces.
Or, if you’re like me, just spread it on some toast or crusty bread.
The roasted cloves easily pop out of the skins so you can mash it up and add it to your favorite recipes.
You can make this roasted garlic ahead of time and stash it in the fridge or freezer so you always have some when you need it.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice to the top 1/4 inch off of the entire head of garlic.
- Place garlic on a square of aluminum foil; drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap garlic in foil and place on middle oven rack.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.