This Butterfinger Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe that is sure to wow your guests!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are filled with parties, gatherings and get-togethers filled with goodies galore. When it comes to desserts, I’m all about recipes that are decadent but easy. This recipe is just that…sinful and simple.
One of the most popular recipes on It Is a Keeper is my No Bake Butterfinger Pie. Since it’s such a huge hit, I thought I would incorporate the flavors into a cake. Specifically, a poke cake.
If you’ve never had a poke cake, you don’t know what you’re missing. You start with a basic cake – I used Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil’s Food cake.
Bake the cake according to the package directions. When it’s finished baking and still hot, poke holes all over the top of the cake going down almost to the bottom of the cake, but not quite. I use the back of a wooden spoon to make the holes.
Then you mix up the decadent peanut butter topping and heat it up. This makes the peanut butter nice and thin so it spreads easily over all of the holes in the cake.
The peanut butter serves as a vehicle to get all of the Butterfinger goodness down into the cake. Pure deliciousness, I tell you.
The last step is to mix up the topping. It’s super easy and oh, so light. And, to finish it off, I sprinkle a handful….oh, who am I kidding, it’s more like three handfuls of Butterfinger pieces all over the top.
You need to drop everything you’re doing and go make this cake. Trust me. It’s THAT good.
And, if you make it for your friends and family this holiday season, be prepared. People will be begging for the recipe.
You can find Pillsbury™ Baking mixes and frosting at Giant during the holiday season. And, to find even more decadent holiday recipes visit the www.thedessertdebate.com.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Butterfinger Poke Cake
- 1 oz Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil’s Food cake Mix - 15.25
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Butterfinger candy bar pieces - divided
- 1 container frozen whipped topping - thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Prepare cake according to package directions.
- When cake is finished baking, immediately poke holes all over the top using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until peanut butter is thin.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of candy pieces.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over top of the cake, using a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping and chocolate syrup; spread on top of cooled cake.
- Top with remaining candy pieces.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.