This Cilantro Lime vinaigrette is an easy Tex-Mex inspired salad dressing recipe that can be made in under 2 minutes.
A while back we were eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ordered a salad. It came with an incredible Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette dressing.
I loved the brightness from the lime and the bite of the garlic. It added such great flavor to my salad.
I immediately knew I had to recreate this recipe at home. As usual, I pulled out my trusty notebook (I always carry one with me for situations like these) and started jotting down what I thought was in the vinaigrette. I even asked to have my remaining dressing wrapped so I could take it home and use it for comparison.
As soon as I got home, I got to work. I typically have the basic ingredients on hand — cilantro, limes and garlic — so I didn’t even need to stop at the grocery store.
After a few tries, I believe I came up with a pretty close match to the restaurant version. It was bright and bold and just perfect!
I can see myself using it on green salads, pastas and even as a meat marinade!
This Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette recipe is definitely a keeper! I will be making lots of this stuff in the future.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Cilantro Lime VinaigrettePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice - about 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic - roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are combined and dressing is smooth.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.