This easy Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad recipe is full of flavor and texture.
This post contains sponsored links from Pepperidge Farm in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand. All opinions are 100% my own.
My husband works a very crazy schedule. His shift is always fluctuating. And, when he’s not scheduled to work, he’s usually on-call.
It’s not uncommon for him to leave in the morning and not return until the wee hours of the night (or next morning). Or, for the phone to ring at 2 am, and he has to leave.
Because the unknown variable is always there, I like to keep a stock of quick meal options so he can grab something to take with him. I look for things that are easy to grab that he can eat while driving or on-the-go.
This Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad is the perfect option. It’s easy to make and completely portable. He can easily make himself a sandwich before heading out.
And, because I use boneless, skinless chicken breast, it’s packed with lean protein. You could also substitute rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from another meal. I’ve even used leftover holiday turkey in this recipe.
I like to serve this chicken salad on Pepperidge Farm Harvest BlendsTM bread.
There are several varieties to choose from, including Ancient Grain, Sprouted Grain and Seeded Grain. I love them all but my favorite is the Sprouted Grain variety.
I love the soft texture – it’s perfect for these chicken salad sandwiches. It also has a great, fresh-baked taste and is hearty and filling.
Lately, I’ve been enjoying peanut butter-banana toast with a little drizzle of honey on the Sprouted Grain bread for lunch. It so easy to make. Simply toast a slice of Pepperidge Farm Harvest BlendsTM bread (whichever variety you prefer). Spread some peanut butter (or whatever your preferred butter is) on top. Place sliced bananas on top and drizzle with honey. Sometimes, I even sprinkle a few chia seeds on the top, too.
It’s a quick and easy lunch option that keeps me full until dinner.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad
- 3 boneless - skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons House Seasoning blend - divided
- 1/4 cup celery - minced
- 1/4 cup red onion - minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with 3 teaspoons of House Seasoning blend.
- Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet; bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to cool.
- Dice chicken finely and place in large bowl.
- Add onion, celery, remaining House Seasoning blend, mayonnaise, cranberries, almonds and diced chicken.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve on bread.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.