This low carb Chipotle Chicken Salad recipe is packed with so much flavor, you won’t even miss the carbs. It’s a great recipe for sandwiches and salads.
Lately, at my house, we’ve been cutting back on carbohydrates. One of our new favorite low carb recipes is this Chipotle Chicken Salad. This salad proves that you don’t have to give up flavor to cut back carbs.
Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm! I’m back again and this month I’m sharing a great recipe for a low carb recipe that is packed with great flavors.
The ingredient that really makes this chicken salad a winner is the Chipotle in Adobo Sauce. it adds a smoky flavor to the salad that we just love. It also gives the chicken salad a little bit of a spicy kick but not too much.
If you are worried about the chipotle being really spicy you can cut back on the amount you add to the recipe. I personally use about a quarter of a can. That’s a happy compromise for my household since my husband loves spicy foods but I tend to prefer things are the milder side.
Like traditional chicken salad, the base is made from mayo. For this recipe, you’ll blend in some sour cream and the Chipotles in Adobo Sauces with the mayonnaise until smooth and then combine with prepared chicken and onions. For a little added crunch I add a handful of scallions.
If you’re looking for another great low carb recipe hop over to New South Charm and check out my recipe for Bacon and Scallion Chicken Salad. I also have a great tutorial over on the blog for cooking bacon in the oven the easy, mess free way you don’t want to miss. I love this Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe too.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 7 ounces chipotles chili in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning blend
- Cook chicken breasts then shred using two forks, set aside in a medium sized bowl
- In a blender or food processor mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and 1/2 to a whole can of the chipotle peppers (the amount of peppers depends on your personal taste and how spicy you want it to be) and blend until smooth.
- Add the chipotle mixture to the shredded chicken and onion. Mix until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.