This Creamy BLT Soup recipe is loaded with bacon and tastes just like the classic sandwich. Plus, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
This post contains sponsored links from Sandwich Bros., however all opinions are 100% my own.
One of my favorite sandwiches of all time is a BLT. Maybe it’s the salty bacon or the sweet tomatoes. Maybe it’s the creamy mayo or the crispy toast.
Maybe it’s all of these things piled onto one sandwich that makes me swoon.
It’s a flavor mash-up that I just can’t get enough of.
So, of course I thought, why not make it into a soup?!
This creamy BLT Soup recipe starts with a creamy, garlicky base and the flavors are layered on top. Of course, there’s bacon, lettuce and tomato.
But you also can’t forget the bacon croutons that float on top. These bring the whole thing together.
There are a few tricks to making this soup. First, you have to add the garlic at just the right time or you will end up with bitter, over cooked garlic that will overpower the soup.
Second, you have to use a sturdy lettuce. Iceberg or romaine will easily wilt and become mushy. I went with hearty escarole in this recipe. It’s sturdy texture held up when cooked in the soup.
Last, you need to have toast in this recipe. Because, well, what is a BLT without toast?!
To incorporate toast into the recipe, I slathered a piece of whole grain toast with reserved bacon drippings, cut it up in to croutons and floated them on top of the soup.
I’m not gonna lie. Bacon fat toast is life changing. I found myself dipping the crusts into the fat and eating them. They’re THAT good.
Now, every good soup needs a good sandwich to go along with it. I served mine with Sandwich Bros Chicken Melts. They were the perfect size for dipping in my soup.
They are incredibly easy to make, too. Simply microwave them for a short time and they’re ready. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
I love that they are 100% white meat chicken and are made with real cheese. It really makes a difference in the flavor and quality. My family absolutely loved them. And, I loved that I can feel good about serving them.
They come individually wrapped so you can make as many as you need when you want them. They go perfectly along side your favorite soup and they make a great easy snack.
These flatbread pocket sandwiches can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Sandwich Bros. has several different varieties available – including angus burgers and breakfast sandwiches. Be sure to check out the Sandwich Bros. website for more recipes and ideas. They also have a store finder so you can find them in your area. You can even find coupons and more inspiration on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram channels.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Creamy BLT Soup
- 5 slices bacon - diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 1/2 cups escarole
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken boullion
- 3/4 cup tomatoes - chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning blend
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 slices bread
- Reserved bacon fat
- Heat dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pot and drain on paper towels; reserve 1 teaspoon of bacon fat.
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 10 seconds)
- Add flour and stir until a paste forms.
- Add water and bouillon; stir until it's combined with flour mixture.
- Add tomatoes, escarole, nutmeg, cayenne and house seasoning blend.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add half and half and stir to combine.
- Stir in bacon.
- Top with croutons.
- Toast bread.
- Spread reserved bacon fat over toasted bread.
- Remove crusts and cut into croutons.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.