If you have older folks on your shopping check out these Christmas gifts for elderly parents.
Shopping for elderly folks can be tricky. But, not if you have this list of ideas for Christmas gifts for elderly parents!
This post was sponsored by Teleflora, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Older family members are some of the hardest folks on my holiday shopping list. They have everything and need very little. Plus, they never give me a straight answer when I ask them what they want.
I polled some of my favorite elderly family and friends and asked them what they wished for during the holidays. I put their suggestions together in this list of gifts for elderly parents.
Best Christmas Gifts for Elderly Parents
- Lap Desks: Many older folks enjoy writing and reading. Lap desks provide a sturdy and portable way to help them do the things they like do from the comfort of their favorite chair.
- Talking Photo Albums: Capture your loved one’s favorite memories and preserve them in your words with a talking photo album.
- Custom Photo Puzzle: Turn a favorite family photograph into a custom photo puzzle that your loved one can put together.
- Adult Coloring Book: Coloring books are not just for kids. There are so many gorgeous options created for adults, too.
- Music Player: Older folks love listening to their favorite music. Bundle this player with their favorite tunes and you have a great gift!
- Large Print Playing Cards: Whether it’s Pinnochle, Canasta or Bridge, these large print playing cards are hours of fun.
- Gift Certificates: Gift cards to their favorite restaurant, delivery service, grocery store or beauty parlor make great gifts. You can also get them credits on their heating bill, satellite/cable service or newspaper delivery service.
- Flower Arrangements: It doesn’t matter if you’re near or far, you can send your love in a beautiful floral arrangement. I love this Winter Pines centerpiece from Teleflora. It’s sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone that receives it.
More Gift Ideas Elderly Parents
- Big Button Remote Control: This larger remote control controls two devices with simple large buttons.
- Motion Activated LED Lights: These automatic motion lights will help light the way when motion is detected.
- Heated Blanket: This heated blanket with light up control will help your loved one stay warm and toasty.
- Medication Management: Help them stay on top of their medication regime with this 31 day pill organizer and reminder system.
- Jar Opener: This jar opener helps open even the trickiest containers.
- No Install Grab Bar: This easy install grab bar can be used anywhere in the house. Plus, you can easily move it.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems: Get peace of mind with this personal emergency response system. It’s self monitored so there are no monthly fees.
More Popular Christmas Gift Ideas
You can find more gift ideas that are perfect for any occasion here.
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!