Butterscotch Coffee Cake

This post may contain affiliate links.  For more information, read my disclosure policy here

My mother-in-law found this recipe in the newspaper.  It seems to be her new go-to recipe.  She’s been making it for a couple of months now.  I love how moist the cake is.  And, anything that includes cinnamon streusel is a winner in my book!

The pudding makes this cake ultra-moist.  And, it’s not too butterscotch-y (yep, that’s a word says I).   Just right!  It goes perfectly with a nice hot cup of coffee!

I did make a few minor adjustments.  I substituted walnuts for the pecans (because I didn’t have any pecans in my pantry).  I also used sugar-free pudding mixes.  You can’t even tell the difference and you’re cutting down the sugar in the cake.

This cake is definitely a keeper — I’ll definitely be adding this to my recipe box!

If you try this recipe, I’d love to know what you thought.  Please post your results here!

37 thoughts on “Butterscotch Coffee Cake”

1. I’ve always been taught that if I couldn’t say something nice, then I shouldn’t say anything at all. I like the idea of this cake and it’s flavors. I’m not one to use a lot of processed foods, but I don’t abandon them totally either. I just watch what I use. That’s a personal choice. I’m sorry that you received such a rude comment earlier.

2. thanks for the tip on using sugar free pudding mix…it is a great way to reduce the sugar. your cake looks perfect! thank you for sharing it and the great tip with tuesday night supper club.

3. That cake looks delicious! I found your blog through Frugal Friday, and I must say that I really like it. :0) What a great idea to test the recipes you find and let us know if they really are good for not before we try them.

4. Oh, I’ll have to try this! I love the butterscotch pudding idea! Thanks for the tip about sugar-free, I will be sure and use that when I try it. I’ll have to make it soon. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

5. This sounds great! I shared a wonderful muffin recipe today on my site…check it out. Can’t wait to follow along for more of your recipe posts.

• I believe it’s 3.4 ounce (regular pudding). I’m not sure what the weight of the SF version is. It’s the smaller/regular size box. I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please let met know! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for reading!

6. I am visiting form Delicious Dishes. This looks spectacular! Oh my…I can’t wait to give it a try. Scrumptious indeed!

7. Well, I left out the most important part… that it looks and sounds delicious! You’ll have to forgive me… I haven’t felt well earlier today so I guess I’m not thinking too clearly either. I would have stopped by earlier to comment otherwise!

8. Thank you for sharing at
    Make a Food-“e”-Friend Monday! I hope you will add us to your Monday list, and I hope to make it to your Thursday party. Have a great week! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mmmm- I LOVE butterscotch! Would love to enjoy this with a great cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing at Gettin’ Krafty With It!

9. Ooooh, this looks wondeful! I would make this now except for I am dieting and I’m not sure I could eat just one piece!

visiting from allaboutmommies.blogspot.com