Ground Beef Bulgogi is an easy to make, flavorful meal! With just 15 minutes of time and a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a mouthwatering dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. My family loved this recipe – the flavor reminds us of Korean BBQ.
Ground Beef Bulgogi is a Korean inspired dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Traditional Bulgogi is made with thin sliced beef and Korean pear. Bursting with flavors that are both sweet and savory, this creation combines the richness of ground beef with traditional bulgogi marinade, resulting in an explosion of taste like never before.
If you’re looking for more Korean recipes, try these various Korean inspired recipes: Korean Meatball Sliders, Sheet Pan Korean Chicken and Slow Cooker Korean Beef. If you like beef and broccoli, then you this will be a great go to recipe to make.
Why We Love Asian Ground Beef Recipes
Delve into the irresistible reasons why this recipe deserves a spot in your meal rotation. From its lightning-fast preparation to the harmonious blend of flavors, we’ll highlight what makes Asian ground beef recipes a favorite among families. It’s super easy and a great recipe to make.
- 15 Minute Ground Beef Bulgogi Meal: In today’s fast-paced world, we all crave meals that can be on the table in a flash. Our Korean beef bowl fits the bill, making it perfect for hectic weeknights.
- Easy Ingredients: With only a handful of easy ingredients, this recipe simplifies your grocery list and minimizes prep time. You will like this recipe and make it so often.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Make bulgogi recipe with extra servings and enjoy the leftovers in various ways, such as adding them to tacos or as a topping for a hearty salad or a bowl of rice.
Ingredient Notes for this Easy and Delicious Korean Beef Bowl
- Ground Beef : For this recipe, we recommend using lean ground beef, but you can also use ground chicken or turkey in place of beef. Bulgogi is great and quick.
- Soy Sauce: The key to the classic, savory umami flavor is high-quality soy sauce.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Sweet chili sauce adds a sweet and spicy kick to the dish. Easily adjust the amount to your preferred level of heat.
- Fresh Ginger: Freshly grated ginger elevates the flavor profile with its aromatic and zesty notes when you make this recipe.
- Sesame Oil: The sesame oil adds real flavor to this dish.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Popular Korean Ground Beef Bulgogi Bowl
Are you looking to put your own spin on the classic bulgogi ground beef? We’ll explore exciting variations and creative substitutions to suit your taste buds and dietary preferences. Making this a perfect weeknight meal as it is quick and easy to make.
- Mirin: If you don’t have white wine vinegar on hand, mirin is an excellent alternative to add a touch of sweetness and depth to the Korean sauce for this easy recipe.
- Low Sodium Ingredients: To adapt this recipe to your dietary needs, simply opt for low-sodium soy sauce and sweet chili sauce or gochujang.
- Ground Meat: You can use ground beef to make this dish but also you can use ground turkey in place of the beef or ground chicken instead of the beef.
- Wraps: Add ground beef to lettuce and make lettuce wraps.
How to Make this Recipe for Easy Korean Ground Beef Bulgogi Bowl
These are the basic steps for making Ground Beef Bulgogi Bowl. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Step 1: Add Beef and Cook
First, place a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add the ground beef and cook. Continue to cook beef and stir until and it is no longer pink. After the beef is brown, drain any excess fat from the skillet.
Step 2: Make the Sauce for the Ground Beef Mixture
Next, in a mixing bowl add the garlic, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger. Then mix to combine all sauce ingredients.
Step 3: Combine the Meat and Bulgogi Sauce then Simmer
Pour the soy sauce mixture over the cooked beef mixture in the skillet. Finally, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Bulgogi Ground Beef FAQs
Expert Tips for Making This Easy Ground Beef Bulgogi Recipe
Our expert tips will guide you through the finer details, helping you create a truly exceptional meal. From adding a spicy kick to garnishing, these tips will elevate your culinary skills and make your ground beef bulgogi recipe a standout dish.
- Add Heat: If you’re a fan of spicy food, enhance the flavor by adding a dash of extra sweet chili sauce or some red pepper flakes to your liking.
- Fresh Garnishes:Elevate the presentation and flavor by garnishing with sesame seeds, shredded lettuce, scallions, green onions, or parsley for a burst of freshness to this easy and quick recipe.
- Add Some Cool: Balance the heat with a dollop of cool ranch dressing or a touch of sour cream, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and temperatures.
What to Serve with Ground Beef Bulgogi
Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and ginger.
- Stir to combine and pour over the ground beef.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.
- Spice it up: If you like a good kick try adding a more Sweet Chili Sauce or some Red Pepper Flake
- Fresh Toppers: Top your bowl with something fresh, consider, sesame seeds, scallions, green onion or parsley.
- Add Some Cool: Drizzle a little cool ranch dressing or top with a little sour cream
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic-inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients, and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible to the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.