Even if you think you don’t like carrots, you might want to check out this recipe. These Garlic Roasted Carrots have been known to turn carrot haters into carrot lovers. Plus, they are an easy side dish recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes.
Raise your hand if you like carrots….
Those of you that do, prepare to be wowed!
Those of you that don’t, please keep reading. If you give me a chance, you might just learn to like them. My family did.
My family was so-so about carrots. They liked them raw, but cooked….well, that was another story. It was nearly impossible to get them to eat a cooked carrot.
My secret weapon were these Garlic Roasted Carrots. They are bursting with flavor and natural sweetness.
And, if you happen to get a piece of the crispy caramelized garlic…pure deliciousness!
You can easily use whole carrots cut into matchsticks. This slicer makes it super easy. Or you can use baby carrots that require zero prep time. Both work perfectly in this recipe.
The recipe is super simple – just butter, minced garlic and a little seasoning tossed together and roasted to golden perfection.
The best part is, they’re ready in under 30 minutes. Or, if you’re like my husband, you can let them roast a little longer and they get all crispy and toasted around the edges. Don’t judge. That’s the way he likes ’em.
It really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of these!
If you like carrots, you might want to try my Bacon Glazed Carrots. They are always a hit!
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Garlic Roasted Carrots
- 3 cups matchstick sized carrots - baby carrots can be used too
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend - or salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut carrots into matchstick sized pieces and arrange on foil lined baking sheet.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl; add garlic.
- Microwave butter and garlic for 30 seconds, or until butter is completely melted.
- Pour melted butter and garlic over carrots.
- Add House Seasoning Blend; toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender and slightly golden.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.