Honey Garlic Oven Roasted Baby Carrots are about to revolutionize your side dish game. Say goodbye to boring carrots and hello to an explosion of flavors that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
About Oven Roasted Baby Carrots
These Oven Roasted Baby Carrots are tender, caramelized and coated in a sticky glaze that combines the natural sweetness of honey with the irresistible pungency of garlic. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, you can transform ordinary baby carrots into an extraordinary side dish that will have everyone begging for seconds.
Why This Roasted Baby Carrots Side Dish Recipe is a Keeper
Discover what makes these honey garlic roasted carrots a kitchen favorite. We’re about to unveil the reasons that make this dish an irresistible choice for busy families and flavor enthusiasts. Roasting enhances the natural sugars in the carrots.
- 30 Minute Side Dish: We know how precious time can be, so we’ve designed this vegetable recipe to be ready in just 30 minutes of cook time.
- Easy Ingredients: With just 5 simple ingredients, you’ll have this dish prepped in no time. It is the perfect side dish.
- Family Friendly: What makes this dish family-friendly is its sweet and savory flavor that appeals to both kids and adults.
- Reheat: This recipe for roasted baby-cut carrots is easy to reheat for a quick weeknight easy recipe. The tender carrots will still be great.
Does Roasting Carrots Take Long?
Nope! Roasting carrots is a quick and easy process. In just 25 minutes in a hot oven, you’ll have tender, slightly golden baby carrots ready to serve. It’s a hassle-free way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable.
Ingredient Notes to Make Roasted Baby Carrots
- Baby Cut Carrots: These petite and tender baby carrots are the perfect choice for this recipe. Fresh bagged baby carrots are an easy way to make baby roasted carrots. Wash carrots before roasting.
- Butter: Butter plays a crucial role in this recipe, imparting a rich and creamy flavor to the roasted carrots.
- All Purpose Blend: Our all purpose seasoning is a special mix of herbs and spices designed to elevate the taste of the carrots. This has salt and pepper and anything you need.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions to Make this Recipe Roasted Carrots
Explore exciting variations and ingredient substitutions to customize this oven roasted baby carrots recipe to your taste.
- Carrot Chips: For a different texture, try making carrot chips. Slice the carrots thinly and follow the same roasting process.
- Cooking variation: If you have an air fryer, you can achieve a crispy and delicious dish. Simply air fry the carrots after toss the carrots in the butter and seasoning.
- Flavor: You can flavor the carrots with a little more honey for the honey roasted carrots or maple syrup if you like for this quick and easy side. This will enhance the flavor of the carrots.
If you’re looking for another great recipe, give these Honey Harissa Roasted Carrots a try!
How to Make Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots Recipe
These are the basic steps for making Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
STEP 1: Prep Carrots in a Single Layer
First, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Then, cut the carrots into matchstick-sized pieces and place carrots on a baking sheet lined with foil.
STEP 2: Make Garlic Butter
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and minced garlic. Microwave for about 30 seconds until the butter is fully melted.
STEP 3: Add Seasoning and Spread the Carrots on a Rimmed Baking Sheet
Pour the melted garlic butter over the carrots, add your house seasoning blend, and give everything a good toss to coat the carrots. Spread on an even, single layer on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and slightly golden.
STEP 4: Add Honey
Once they’re fork tender, remove from the oven, transfer the roasted carrots to a serving bowl and drizzle them with honey.
Recipe FAQs for Carrots in the Oven
Expert Tips for Making Honey Garlic Carrots Easy Side Dish
Here are some expert tips that will help you achieve the most perfect roasted baby carrots in oven. Whether you’re looking for flavor enhancements or creative variations, these tips will guide you on your culinary journey. For a fancy dinner or a weeknight dinner this recipe works.
- Margarine: If you prefer a vegan option, you can substitute butter with margarine. Olive oil or avocado oil works too for this easy side dish recipe.
- Different Sweetener: While honey adds a delightful sweetness, experiment with alternatives like a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Fresh Herbs: To elevate the flavor, garnish your honey garlic carrots with fresh herbs like parsley or thyme.
- Regular Carrots: You can cut regular whole carrots into bite sized pieces.
- Line: Line the baking sheet with parchment for easier clean up.
Honey Garlic Oven Roasted Baby Carrots
- 3 cups Carrots, matchstick or baby carrots can be used too
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning, or salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut carrots into matchstick sized pieces and arrange on foil lined baking sheet.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl; add garlic.
- Microwave butter and garlic for 30 seconds, or until butter is completely melted.
- Pour melted butter and garlic over carrots.
- Add House Seasoning Blend; toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender and slightly golden.
- Transfer carrots to a serving bowl and drizzle with honey.
- Variations: Mix up your Carrots with white, yellow and purple varieties.
- Experiment with Different Fresh Herbs: Chopped parsley, fresh thyme or even a hint of heat from red pepper flakes.
- Like them Sweeter: Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup!
- Vegan: How about Olive oil instead of butter. This recipe is already gluten free.
- Alternate cooking method tip: Make these roasted baby carrots in the air fryer, it works great. Cook at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Parchment: For easy clean-up always use parchment or foil.