Homemade Hot Chocolate mix is the best drink on a cold winter day. It is a hug in a mug. Rich, chocolatey and delicious.
Hot chocolate will immediately bring you back to your favorite childhood memories and if you were lucky enough maybe your mom or Nana would make you delicious Homemade Hot Chocolate.
If you have ever had the “real deal” Homemade Hot Chocolate you know that you are spoiled from ever drinking it from a package ever again.
Why this Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe Works
This hot cocoa recipe works because even though it is homemade, it is very simple to make. It takes very little time and very few ingredients but the payoff is epic in the smiles on the faces of all who drink it.
How to Make Homemade Hot Chocolate – Step by Step
- Step One: Combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, white chocolate, powdered milk, salt and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. and incorporate evenly. (Photo 1 below)
- Step Two: Working in batches, add the mix to a food processor and pulse until the white chocolate is finely ground (Photo 2 below)
- Step Three: To make cocoa, mix 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 cup of hot water or milk. (Photo 3 below)
- Step Four: Top with mini marshmallows. Enjoy your delicious Homemade Hot Chocolate! (Photo 4 below)
LOVE Homemade Hot Chocolate RECIPE? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Tip for Making the Best Hot Chocolate Recipe
Use the best possible chocolate for your Hot Chocolate. Better chocolate makes a better indulgence experience. So Enjoy a good quality chocolate.
Can I Save and Store this Homemade Hot Cocoa Recipe?
Yes you can save and store your Homemade Hot Chocolate for up to three months in an airtight container. So you will have enough to last all winter long.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Expert Tips for Making the Best Homemade Hot Chocolate
It is hard to believe that you could make this yummy Homemade Hot Chocolate recipe any better but you can try:
- Try More Chocolate: Add different chocolates to have a different flavor
- Add Candy: Try peppermint sticks, M& M’s, caramel or butterscotch sauces.
- Add Some Booze: Try adding some Crème De Mint, Bailees, or your favorite flavor to make it a great after dinner treat for adults.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot water
- Mini marshmallows
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, white chocolate, powdered milk, salt and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly.
- Working in batches, add the mix to a food processor and pulse until the white chocolate is finely ground.
- Store mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- To make cocoa, mix 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 cup of hot water or milk.
- Top with mini marshmallows.
Add Candy: Try peppermint sticks, M& M's, caramel or butterscotch sauces.
Add Some Booze: Try adding some Crème De Mint, Bailees, or your favorite flavor to make it a great after dinner treat for adults.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.