This easy Skillet Lasagna has all of the slow cooked flavor but is ready in 30 minutes. It’s one of those recipes that’s easy enough for a weeknight and impressive enough for a special dinner.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®.
Lasagna is one of my family’s favorite meals. There is just something about the layers of pasta, sauce, cheeses and meat. It’s hearty and comforting. And, it can take a while to prepare and bake.
This easy Skillet Lasagna is a twist on my traditional baked lasagna. It has all of the flavor and components, but it’s all made in one skillet. Plus, it combines Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese to create a decadent creamy Rosa sauce.
This Skillet Lasagna is a great date night or Valentine’s Day dinner. Why not spend a romantic night in. This recipe is easy to prepare and clean up so you have more time to spend with your loved one.
Why This Skillet Lasagna Recipe Works
Lasagna is comfort food in my house. Because of the amount of time it takes to prepare and bake, I usually reserve it for Sundays – when I have more time to spend cooking.
I’ve been toying around with how to make lasagna easy and came up with this 30 minute recipe. It has all of the flavors of the traditional recipe but only takes a fraction of the time and only uses one skillet.
The noodles cook in the sauce and is topped with a creamy cheese mixture at the end. It’s fast, easy and tastes just like it’s traditional counterpart.
How to Make Easy Lasagna Recipe – Step by Step
- Brown the sausage: I use a flavorful garlic Italian sausage that my butcher makes. It adds a lot of extra flavor to the dish. (Photo 1 below)
- Add marinara sauce: Add a jar of Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic. (Photo 2 below)
- Stir in lasagna noodles: Break the noodles up into smaller pieces so they cook evenly and are easy to eat. (Photo 3 below)
- Pour in Alfredo sauce: Add a jar of Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese. (Photo 1 below)
- Combine the sauces : Stir the Alfredo sauce into the marinara sauce to make a creamy Rosa Sauce. (Photo 2 below)
- Place dollops of cheese on top of the pasta: Dallop the cheese mixture on top of the pasta, cover and simmer for a few minutes until the cheese heats through. (Photo 3 below)
LOVE [INSERT RECIPE TYPE] RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick and easy recipes on It Is a Keeper.
How to Make Homemade Lasagna Easy
One of the best ways to make homemade lasagna easy is to use a good quality jarred sauce. One of my favorite brands is Bertolli. I love Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic.
Made with juicy Tomatoes, Italian herbs and fresh, lightly cooked garlic, its made-from-scratch flavor that can’t be beat.
I also like to use Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese – made with fresh cream and aged parmesan cheese – in this recipe. It adds a creaminess that takes the lasagna over the top.
When you combine these two sauces you get a deliciously creamy Rosa Sauce. Bertolli Sauces are made the Tuscan way – with simple ingredients, cooked lightly and layers of Tuscan flavors. Bertolli is the only jarred sauce that’s made the Tuscan Way. Enter your zip code here to find where you can get these sauces locally.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Cranberry Sauce
- Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 35 Easy Cookie Recipes
- Clever and Innovative Kitchen Gadgets
Expert Tips for Making the Best Easy Meat Lasagna Recipe
Whether you’re making this recipe on a busy weeknight or for a special occasion, such as Valentine’s Day, these tips will help you make this easy meat lasagna recipe quickly and correctly.
- Use regular lasagna noodles: Do not use the no-cook type of lasagna noodles in this recipe.
- This recipe can easily be halved or doubles: This is a great recipe for to size up or down. Simply adjust the number of servings in the recipe below to recalculate the ingredients.
- Add veggies: Feel free to add veggies to this recipe – zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers would be fantastic.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
30 Minute Skillet Lasagna
- 1 ½ pounds Italian sausage, casing removed
- 24 oz Jarred marinara sauce
- 13-16 oz Lasagna noodles, do not use the no-cook variety
- 15 oz Jarred alfredo sauce
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Add the marinara sauce to the sausage in the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Break the noodles into bite sized pieces and add to skillet.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 16 - 18 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, minced garlic, House Seasoning and parsley; set aside.
- When pasta has finished cooking, stir in Alfredo sauce.
- Top with dallops of cheese mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is heated through and has started to melt.
- Italian Seasoning: Use your favorite Italian Seasoning along with salt and pepper to season the lasagna.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Top with fresh basil or fresh parsley.
- Sprinkle: Add more cheese to the leftovers and place under the broiler to melt.
- Short cut tip: Feel free to add as many tips as you need in this section
- Variation tip: Cook in the instant pot or slow cooker for an easy lasagna. Serve with a side salad and dinner is ready.
- Heat: A little red pepper flakes sprinkled on top adds a little heat.
7 thoughts on “30 Minute Skillet Lasagna”
I don’t like Alfredo sauce, do I have to use it? Can I substitute something in its place or just omitted completely?
Yes! You can always modify the recipes to your liking!
My noodles didn’t cook! 🙁 what did I do wrong?!
If you followed the directions exactly they should have. Mine always do.
The recipe says to add water along with marinara sauce. How much water? It’s not listed. Thank you.
That was a typo…there is no water in this recipe. The recipe card has been updated.
Thank you for answering so quickly. This recipe sounds easy and yummy, I want to give it a try.