This easy homemade White Hot Chocolate recipe is one of our favorite winter treats.
One of our favorite holiday traditions is bundling up, piling in the car and going to look at Christmas lights. We kick off this holiday tradition on Thanksgiving night, as soon as the dishes are done. And, we continue all season long.
There are only two rules to this tradition…1.) Christmas music MUST be played at all times and 2.) Everyone needs to have a steaming cup of hot chocolate. That’s it.
A few years ago, we made a family commitment to celebrate more and stress less during the holidays. This time of the year can get a little hectic but make sure that there is always time to do the fun things that we love…like looking at lights.
Of course, we have our favorite holiday houses that are a must see. And, we visit the local park’s big holiday light display. But we also make sure to check out some new places each year too.
The music is super important during our excursions. My husband and I have the same favorite song…The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. And, my son, well, he loves them all. We usually end up singing at the top of our lungs and my husband and son will end up changing the lyrics to make up silly songs.
And, then there’s always stop light dancing. Whenever we end up at a red stop light, we have to crack up the Christmas tunes and dance in our seats until the light turns green. We usually get a few weird looks from other drivers but we hardly notice because we’re laughing so hard!
Equally as important is the hot chocolate. We would always have regular hot cocoa, but this year, I made this amazing White Hot Chocolate. I pour our beverages into these Dixie® To Go disposable cups and everyone gets one as we leave the house.
I love these Dixie® To Go cups because they really help us crush the holidays. They have a leak-resistant lid so I know we can all enjoy our beverages confidently.
They’re also insulated so our hot drinks stay hot – even when its 20 degrees outside. And, because of the insulated layer, I don’t have to worry about the little guy burning his hand when he’s holding the a Dixie® To Go cup.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cup half and half
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream for topping
- Add milk, half and half to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until simmering (do not boil).
- Stir in white chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon; continue to simmer until chocolate melts.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.