You must try these Instant Pot Meatballs Subs for a hearty meal on a cold winter night or a cool fall game day. These satisfying sandwiches will be a true hit.
Really who doesn’t love a delicious slow cooked meatball? My Instant Pot Meatballs can be cooked in little time so they can be enjoyed anytime.
Why Instant Pot Meatball Subs Works
The pressure in the Instant Pot infuses these Instant Pot Meatballs with the same moist delicious flavor that you love in your meatball subs, however, the instant pot takes no time at all to prepare. So you get all the goodness in half the time.
How to Make Meatball Sub Recipe – Step by Step
- Make Meatballs: First, add all ingredients for meatballs to a bowl. Then mix well. I prefer to use my hands, but you can use a hand mixer or spoon. (Photo 1 below)
- Shape Meatballs: Roll meatballs are on the smaller side, so they cook all the way through. Also, try a small cookie scoop to measure. (Photo 2 below)
- Prepare Instant Pot: Place 1 cup of beef broth to the bottom of your Instant Pot and add the trivet inside the pot. Meanwhile, place your meatballs evenly on the trivet. You can layer up!(Photo 3 below)
- Cook: On High Pressure cook for 7 minutes. Allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release until all the pressure is gone. (Photo 4 below)
- Set Trivet Aside: Remove the trivet with the meatballs. Pour broth into your Instant Pot before placing it on Sauté mode. Position your meatballs back in and sauté to make the meatballs nice and crisp for about 4 minutes (Photo 1 below)
- Add Sauce: Once done, pour over your sauce, and mix well. (Photo 2 below)
- Assemble Sandwich: Slice Provolone in half, place in your bun, one on each side. Finally, add meatballs between the cheese (I used 3 meatballs per sandwich). Microwave for 1 minute or in oven at 350 degrees for about 5 to melt your cheese and warm your bread. Lastly, top with parmesan and parsley. (Photo 3 below)
LOVE SANDWICH RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Questions for Making these Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Indeed, the key to making Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes is to take advantage of all of the fabulous features that your Instant Pot has to offer. Above all this includes the invaluable sauté setting.
Furthermore, new Instant Pots allows you to sauté which make the entire dish in on pot. However, conventional slow cookers that require you to brown your meat or vegetables before placing them in to them to cook.
Here is a great article that explains all the wonderful things that a slow cooker can do.
Recommendations for Making Meatballs Instant Pot Style
Further, this recipe is very versatile due to the quickness of the creation of the meatballs so you can really have some fun and mix it up. To Illustrate here below:
- Try using a mixture of ground beef, pork and veal in your meatballs
- Make a turkey or chicken meatball.
- Use a vegan recipe to create a great sub
- Some different sauce options like alfredo, or even teriyaki work great
- Maybe a different fun rolls like Panini or brioche
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 26 of the Most Amazing Milkshakes
- Kitchen Cabinet Organization
Expert Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot Meatballs
- Different Cheese: Italian blend or a good old Mozzarella
- More Herbs: fresh basil to top off your sub or parsley
- Cream Sauce: alternatively try a play on a Swedish meatball sandwich
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Instant Pot Meatball Subs
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. beef
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 Top-sliced hot dog buns
- 8 sliced provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Parsley dried or fresh (optional)
- Add all ingredients for meatballs to a bowl. Mix well. I prefer to use my hands, but you can use a hand mixer or spoon.
- You want to make sure the meatballs are on the smaller side, so they cook all the way through. I used a small cookie scoop to measure, and with my hands, rolled into a ball.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside the pot. Add your meatballs evenly on the trivet. You can layer up!
- Cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes. Allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release until all the pressure is gone.
- Remove the trivet with the meatballs on. Set aside on a place or cutting board. Pour out your broth. Turn your Instant Pot onto Sauté mode.
- Place your meatballs back in and sauté to make the meatballs nice and crisp for about 4 minutes.
- Once done, pour over your sauce, and mix well.
- Sliced 1 slice of provolone in half. Place in your bun, one on each side. Add meatballs between the cheese (I used 3 meatballs per sandwich). Microwave for 1 minute or in oven at 350 degrees for about 5 to melt your cheese and warm your bread.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, and parsley! Enjoy!
- Different Cheese: How about an Italian blend or a good old Mozzarella
- More Herbs: How about some fresh basil to top off your sub
- Cream Sauce: Try a play on a Swedish meatball sandwich
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/