This Italian Seasoning Substitute is the perfect solution for elevating your dishes. With just a handful of pantry staples, you can create a versatile seasoning mix that will become a family favorite due to the impressive burst of flavor.
The Italian seasoning substitute is a game-changer. Our homemade Italian seasoning blend packs a punch of flavor that’ll take your cooking to the next level. Plus, it’s a breeze to prepare, and you’ll love the convenience of having it on hand whenever you need it.
Why We Love This Italian Seasoning Blend Recipe
With this best Italian seasoning substitute, your dishes will be bursting with Italian herb flavors. Plus, it’s a simple and cost effective way to elevate your cooking game. This seasoning is a great alternative to store bought versions.
- Quick and Easy: In just a few minutes, you’ll have a fragrant and flavorful homemade Italian seasoning recipe ready to use in your favorite recipes. Use Italian Seasoning in any dish you want to add Italian flavors. This substitute Italian Seasoning is a popular and a great substitute for Italian Seasoning you buy in the store.
- Easy Ingredients for this Popular Seasoning: All the herbs like these are pantry staples, so you won’t need to make a special trip to the store to create this spice blend. The herbs used are ones you usually have on hand. This seasoning usually contains fillers when bought in the store but you can bring the flavor to Italian dishes the way you like. This homemade italian seasoning mix is an easy substitute to create.
- Italian Seasoning is a Versatile Blend: This Italian seasoning is a blend that is highly customizable, allowing you to adjust the amounts to suit your taste. Make herbes de provence, Greek seasoning, creole seasoning or whatever you enjoy. These blends are a great substitute to the premade ones.
Ingredient Notes to Make Italian Seasoning Mix
- Dried Basil: Our blend starts with the aromatic and slightly sweet flavor of dried basil. It adds a fresh garden-like note to your dishes. Fresh basil is easy to dry and crush for this recipe.
- Dried Oregano: Dried Oregano is a staple in Italian cuisine, bringing a robust and earthy flavor to the easy to make Italian seasoning blend.
- Dried Parsley: The dried parsley lends a hint of brightness and freshness to balance the deeper flavors of the other herbs and is another great italian seasoning ingredient.
- Granulated Garlic: Garlic provides that savory kick, and using garlic ensures even distribution of flavor for this simple Italian seasoning substitute.
- Granulated Onion: Onion powder brings a touch of sweetness to the mix.
- Dried Rosemary: Rosemary adds a piney, woody aroma that complements the other ingredients in Italian seasoning blend.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Substitute for Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe at Home
These variations allow you to tailor your dried Italian seasoning blend to suit different cuisines and personal preferences, making it a versatile addition to your spice collection. Make your own Italian seasoning your way. You can use as an Italian seasoning on anything you want to enhance. Use your favorite blend of dried herbs and keep this Italian seasoning on hand.
- Flavor Profile for Italian Seasoning at Home: The beauty of this homemade Italian seasoning substitute blend lies in its flavor profile. The combination of aromatic basil, earthy oregano, dried thyme and zesty garlic powder creates that classic Italian taste. Full of the flavors of Italian dishes. Whether you need a tablespoon of Italian seasoning or a teaspoon of Italian seasoning this is the best.
- Add Heat: If you’re a fan of a little kick in your Italian dishes, add crushed red pepper flakes to your homemade seasoning. Make space in your spice cabinet and make your own blend of herbs for pizza seasoning, salad dressing or any type of Italian cooking.
How to Make the Best Italian Seasoning Substitute Recipe
These are the basic steps for making Substitute for Italian Seasoning. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions on how to make the best substitutes for Italian Seasoning,
Step 1: Mix Spices Together
First, place all herbs into a food processor or herb grinder. Then pulse or grind until all ingredients are finely chopped. Finally place herb blend into a airtight spice jar.
Recipe FAQs for the Best Italian Seasoning Substitute Spice Blend
Expert Tips to Make Italian Herb Seasoning Replacement
By following these tips, you’ll not only master the art of making Italian seasoning replacement but also elevate your culinary creations to new heights. Enjoy the flavors and endless possibilities this homemade blend brings to your kitchen.
- Herb Grinder: Invest in a quality herb grinder to blend your herb combinations. This will allow you to create your own unique seasoning blends. Or try this great mini food processor.
- Uses: This seasoning is a must-have for pasta sauces and pizza. It’s also great for roasted vegetables, a meat dry rub, or in soups and stews.
- Check the Dates: Make sure your dried herbs and spices are fresh. Their flavors diminish over time, so check expiration dates to ensure optimal taste.
Ways to Use Italian Seasoning
This seasoning can be used in any of your favorite Italian dishes. It can be used a seasoning in the following:
Favorite Italian Seasoning Substitute
- Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until bay leaves are finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a spice jar for storage and use in your favorite recipes.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and divided into air tight containers. They are great for gifts or bridal shower favors
- Herb Grinder: Use a herb grinder of food processor to blend
- Explore: Feel free to add as many different herb combinations that you like to make your own unique blend.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic-inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients, and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible to the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.