This Italian Seasoning mix recipe is super simple to make at home!
I am all about easy and simple. With that being said there are things to have one hand that are absolutely essential to keep your kitchen running like a well oiled machine. This Italian seasoning mix recipe is one of them! Did I mention simple and easy?
Making seasonings at home is quick and beats those generic regular old store bought stuff. Italian seasoning ingredients are easy to come by and the combination is a great go to for homemade Italian dishes like lasagna, spaghetti sauce, and pizza. This homemade Italian seasoning mix recipe is great and you can just store it right up in spice jar for those in a pinch recipes!
If you are a fan of creating your own seasonings and spices right at home you have to see all of the other homemade spice blend recipes I use in my own kitchen!
Classic Italian Seasoning Ingredients!
Italian seasoning ingredients are not hard to come by. I would bet that you have nearly everything on hand in your spice cabinet right now to get this classic Italian seasoning mix recipe underway! Using garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, and oregano the flavor combination is assembled in only minutes!
Homemade Italian seasoning mix beats the pre-made stuff hands down. I mean you could always spend the time with every recipe sprinkling in a little of this and that but when you a have homemade Italian seasoning mix recipe already on hand things are much easier.
With a few spice jars on hand you can make all the favorite homemade spice blend recipes in no time. I just love this Italian seasoning mix recipe! It is a budget saver and a time saver. A savory addition of flavor to all your favorite Italian meals.
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
This homemade Italian seasoning recipe is perfect for just about any Italian type dish. You can even use it to top your favorite chicken or as a base for dressing. Italian seasoning ingredients are what stocks most of your spice cabinet so assemble this one in a cinch!
How to Make Italian Seasoning Recipe
There is really not a ton of process that goes into this Italian seasoning recipe. Basic assembly includes dropping all of the ingredients into a bowl or food processor and then giving it all a good mix! Easy and done in literally minutes. Homemade Italian seasoning done without even breaking a sweat!
An Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe bursting with flavor!
The process for making this Italian seasoning mix recipe is beyond easy. Probably one of the easiest recipe assemblies ever and such a great recipe to have one hand! You just can’t mess this one up because the Italian seasoning ingredients combine straight from your spice cabinet in only minutes!
Use this Italian Seasoning Mix recipe in these Easy Recipes
Tips for Making Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe
You will never buy store bought Italian seasoning mix recipe again after you make this!
- Use a good sized bowl for efficient mixing or opt for a few turns in spice grinder or food processor.
- Sprinkle some into all your favorite Italian dishes
- Create a quick Italian dressing using this homemade Italian seasoning recipe!
Looking for More Homemade Spice Blends
Looking for more? Check out all of the homemade spice blend recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Recommended Tools for Making Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until bay leaves are finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a spice jar for storage and use in your favorite recipes.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and divided into air tight containers. They are great for gifts or bridal shower favors
- Herb Grinder: Use a herb grinder of food processor to blend
- Explore: Feel free to add as many different herb combinations that you like to make your own unique blend.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.