Cream Cheese Cookies are tender, light cookies that melt in your mouth. They have a light almond flavor and are easily adaptable.
If you have never had a cream cheese cookie you do not know what you are missing. It is like a crispy cheese cake bite that will delight your senses.
Ever what cream cheese actually is? I did. You can learn about it here.
Why Cream Cheese Cookies Work
These Cream Cheese Cookies are one of the favorites during the holidays. They are a true crowd pleaser because of their creamy, smooth taste and consistency. These differ from other rock hard cookies you may experience.
These cookies bake up light and tender with a mild almond flavor. They are extremely versatile – you can add in any of your favorite mix-ins (chocolate chips, craisins, orange zest, etc) or decorate or shape them.
How to Make Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe – Step by Step
- Preheat Oven: Heat oven to 350 degrees. (Photo 1 below)
- Cream Soft: First, in a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together softened butter and cream cheese with granulated sugar. (Photo 2 below)
- Add Egg: Add egg and almond extract. Combine until all ingredients are well mixed. (Photo 3 below)
- Dry Ingredients: Next, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until a cookie dough forms.(Photo 4 below)
- Form Cookies: Roll the cookie dough into 1 ½ inch spheres. Place gently on a cookie sheet (you may have to bake it on 2 pans), leaving at least 1 ½ inches apart from each other. (Photo 1 below)
- Bake: Lastly, bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Allow to cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar.) (Photo 2 below)
LOVE COOKIE RECIPES RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy Dessert Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Recommendations for Making Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- Always read the recipe through (at least) once before you start baking. It will ensure you have all of the ingredients you need and enough time allotted to make the cookies.
- Use the best ingredients you can, such as pure vanilla extract, rather than imitation vanilla. Your cookies will only taste as good as the ingredients you use to make them.
- Use butter, not margarine. The higher fat content helps cookies maintain the proper texture and consistency.
- Measure your ingredients with care. If you use the wrong type of measuring cup for your ingredients, your measurements will be inaccurate. Check out my YouTube channel for a quick video on which measuring cups to use.
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure that you have uniform size cookies. Always leave at least two inches of space between cookies so they don’t spread into each other.
- Always preheat the oven the proper temperature before baking. And, you should rotate the cookie sheet halfway through baking to ensure even heating.
Tips for Making the Secret Cream Cheese Cookies
The recipe for the Secret Cream Cheese Cookies are perfect as they are. But they can be adapted to make some wonderful variations. For Instance:
- Incorporate Chocolate Chips for cream cheese chocolate chip cookies
- Maybe add some chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter
- How about making a Kołaczki by adding jam.
With this in mind, the possibilities are truly as endless as your imagination.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Expert Tips for Making the Best Cream Cheese Cookie
- Temperature Check: Make sure that your ingredients are at room temperature. Especially including the butter and eggs.
- Use Color: Try using colored powdered sugar.
- Oven Thermometer: It is important to make sure that your oven is the correct temperature so invest in a good oven thermometer.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg whisked at room temperature
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Powdered sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together softened butter and cream cheese with granulated sugar.
- Add egg and almond extract. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 ½ inch spheres. Place gently on a cookie sheet (you may have to bake it on 2 pans), leaving at least 1 ½ inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Allow to cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/