This easy Sausage and Apple Stuffing recipe is loaded with apples, sausage, cranberries and pecans. It quickly became my new favorite easy Thanksgiving recipe.
This post contains sponsored links from Hatfield, however all opinions are 100% my own.
We are Thanksgiving purists. My family has had the exact same Thanksgiving dinner for as long as I can remember. There is no deviation from the menu.
I make the same turkey and stuffing that my mother made. She made the recipes that her mother made and my grandmother made the same as her mother.
We couldn’t fathom breaking from tradition. Until recently.
Every Thanksgiving I would see all of the amazing stuffing recipes shared by my blogger friends and filling m Pinterest feed and I wished I could try one. I longed to try a stuffing filled with fruits and nuts and sausage. Oh, sausage, how I love you. I just know you make ordinary stuffing flavorful and special.
And, then, one day not too long ago, I had an epiphany. I could make a new stuffing recipe. I could break generations of tradition and make a new recipe for Thanksgiving. *Gasp!*
I could make a stuffing filled with flavorful sausage, sweet apples and tart cranberries. Then, I could add some crunchy, buttery pecans. Oh my! This is just craziness.
So that’s just what I did. I’ve always had a bit of a rebellious streak.
I made this Sausage and Apple Stuffing and filled it with my favorite flavors such as zesty Hatfield Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Sausage.
Recipe Essentials™ Sweet Italian Ground Sausage has all the flavor of our Sweet Italian Sausage, but without the casing. That makes it the perfect ingredient for this recipe. I don’t have to spend time removing the casing.
I love using Hatfield Sausage in my recipes. It has a flavor and quality that I’ve come to know and trust. It really takes my recipes to the next level.
This stuffing packed so much flavor and texture. My son could not get enough. He had three helpings and claimed it was the best that he’s ever had! I’d say that’s a win!
Even my husband who is a serious Thanksgiving purist gave this stuffing two thumbs up. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
This year try to simplify your recipes so you can spend more time with your family. Hatfield products have so much flavor that you don’t need to add much more to your recipes. For more delicious and easy Hatfield recipes, check out their website.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Hatfield Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning this is my favorite homemade recipe
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- 8 cups dried Italian bread cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage, making sure to break it up into fine pieces.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then add celery and onions; continue cooking until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add thyme, poultry seasoning and apples; stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes to soften apples a bit.
- Meanwhile, place dried bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Add sausage and apple mixture to bread cubes; stir to combine.
- Taste for seasoning; add salt and pepper as needed.
- Whisk egg into turkey stock and pour over bread cubes; stir to combine.
- Place mixture in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/